All About You (film)
|All About You|
All About You film poster
|Directed by||Christine Swanson|
|Produced by||Michael Swanson|
|Written by||Christine Swanson|
|Edited by||Lillian Benson|
|Running time||90 minutes|
All About You is a 2001 African American romantic comedy film that was written and directed by Christine Swanson. The film stars Renee Goldsberry as a woman who tries to find love and ends up in a complicated romantic triangle. The film had its world premiere on August 4, 2001, at the Urbanworld Film Festival. Swanson initially had some difficulty in finding a distributor for the film, as distributors stated it was "not edgy enough".
Swanson released a followup entitled All About Us in 2007.
Nicole is in love with her boyfriend Robbie and is ready to start talking about marriage. Unfortunately for her, he hasn’t even thought about a future with her. She moves to San Francisco to start a new life, and ends up with Robbie's brother Brian as her roommate for one month. Just as Nicole and Brian realize they have feelings for each other, Robbie wants to try a relationship with Nicole again.
- Renee Goldsberry as Nicole Taylor
- Terron Brooks as Brian Tate
- Debbie Allen as Ruth
- LisaRaye McCoy-Misick as Lisa
- Lou Myers as Toomie
- Vanessa Bell Calloway as Donna Taylor
- Bobby Hosea as Greg Taylor
- Chris Spencer as Owen
- Tico Wells as Walter
- Rockmond Dunbar as Tim Minor
- Adam Lazarre-White as Robbie Tate
- Sheila Frazier as Mrs. Tate
- Michael White, Jr as Terry Bolton
- Emily Liu as Wendy
- Best Film at the American Black Film Festival (2003, won)
- Audience Favorite Award at the Roxbury Film Festival (2003, won)
- Jury Award for Best Feature Film at the Hollywood Black Film Festival (2002, won)
- Calloway, Earl (October 9, 2002). "LisaRaye has role in 'All About You'". Chicago Defender (subscription required). Retrieved 27 May 2014.
- Smith, Dinitia. "A Black Film Festival Aims for a More Universal Image". New York Times. Retrieved 27 May 2014.
- "All About You Reviews". Rotten Tomatoes. Retrieved 27 May 2014.
- Pendleton, Reece. "All About You". Chicago Reader. Retrieved 27 May 2014.
- Sinnott, John. "All About You". DVD Talk. Retrieved 27 May 2014.
- "American Black Film Festival Concludes in South Beach with Gala Film Life Movie Awards Show". ABFF. Retrieved 27 May 2014.
- "RFF 2002 Awards". RFF. Retrieved 27 May 2014.
- "Black Filmmakers and Screenwriters Triumph at HBFF". Film Threat. Retrieved 27 May 2014.