All About the Benjamins
|All About the Benjamins|
Theatrical release poster
|Directed by||Kevin Bray|
|Produced by||Matt Alvarez
|Written by||Ice Cube
Valarie Rae Miller
Roger Guenveur Smith
Anthony Michael Hall
Lil' Bow Wow
|Music by||John Murphy|
|Distributed by||New Line Cinema|
|Release dates||March 8, 2002|
|Running time||98 minutes|
All About the Benjamins is a 2002 American action comedy film directed by Kevin Bray, and starring Ice Cube and Mike Epps as a bounty hunter and repeat offender who join forces to find a group of diamond thieves, the former for glory, and the latter to retrieve a winning lottery ticket. The film was released in theaters in March 2002 to negative reviews, with critics criticizing the plot, violence, and crude humor with audience praising the film. Despite this, the film was a moderate box office hit. The film's title was taken from the popular 1997 hip-hop song performed by P. Diddy "It's All About the Benjamins". Ice Cube and Mike Epps also starred together in the Friday series .
Bucum (Ice Cube) is a maverick bounty hunter trying to acquire the funds to start a private investigation firm, and Reggie (Mike Epps) is a two-time hustler previously apprehended by Bucum three times, who regularly skips out on bail, and he lives with Gina (Eva Mendes) his trusting live-in girlfriend. One day, Reggie buys a lottery ticket, and he wins $60 million on a lottery game, but he is thwarted when he accidentally spots a diamond thieves running away, and he accidentally wanders away to hide from Bucum, and he is kidnapped. Reggie manages to escape with Bucum, but Reggie now has to return his wallet with the lottery ticket, and Bucum must catch the diamond thieves.
- Ice Cube as Bucum: a bounty hunter who has a hatred for his job due to low-budget payment and teams up with Reggie
- Mike Epps as Reggie Wright: a con-artist who teams with Bucum.
- Eva Mendes as Gina: Reggie's girlfriend
- Tommy Flanagan as Robert Williamson: a car dealership owner who wants the diamonds in exchange for money and the main antagonist.
- Carmen Chaplin as Ursula: a diamond thief working for Williamson and also his lover.
- Anthony Giaimo as Martinez: Bucum's boss
- Robert MacBeth as Store Owner: a local store owner who shows great annoyance of Reggie.
- Valarie Rae Miller as Pam: Bucum's girlfriend who is also his co-worker.
- Roger Guenveur Smith as Julian Ramose: a diamond thief working for Williamson.
- Bob Carter as Mr. Barkley: a wealthy man who has a batch of diamonds, wanted by Williamson.
- Bow Wow as Kelly (Lil Bow Wow): a neighbor of Reggie.
- Anthony Michael Hall as Lil J: a con artist who is arrested by Bucum earlier in the film.
- Barbara Barron as Mrs. Barkley: the wife of Mr. Barkley.
As of December 16, 2014, based on 76 reviews collected by the review aggregator website Rotten Tomatoes, All About the Benjamins has received an overall rating average of 30%, with an average score of 4.3 out of 10.
- "All About the Benjamins (2002)". Box Office Mojo. Retrieved 2013-03-06.
|This article about an action film is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|