All American Boy (album)
|All American Boy|
|Studio album by Rick Derringer|
|Recorded||Caribou Ranch, Nederland, CO|
|Studio||Caribou Ranch, Nederland, CO|
|Genre||Rock, hard rock, Blues rock|
|Label||Blue Sky Records|
|Rick Derringer chronology|
All American Boy is the debut solo studio album by Rick Derringer, it was released on Blue Sky Records in late 1973. "Joy Ride" and "Time Warp" (not to be confused with The Rocky Horror Picture Show song) are instrumentals.
Reviewing for AllMusic, critic Cub Koda wrote of the album "this is simply Rick Derringer's most focused and cohesive album, a marvelous blend of rockers, ballads, and atmospheric instrumentals.", and they added that it was "one of the great albums of the '70s that fell between the cracks."
All tracks composed by Rick Derringer; except where indicated
- "Rock and Roll, Hoochie Koo" - 3:43
- "Joy Ride" - 1:50
- "Teenage Queen" - 3:31
- "Cheap Tequila" - 2:44
- "Uncomplicated" - 3:40
- "Hold" (Derringer, Patti Smith) - 3:12
- "The Airport Giveth (The Airport Taketh Away)" - 2:49
- "Teenage Love Affair" - 3:20
- "It's Raining" - 2:05
- "Time Warp" - 2:53
- "Slide On Over Slinky" - 4:21
- "Jump, Jump, Jump" - 6:00
- Rick Derringer - Lead vocals, guitar, organ
- David Bromberg - Guitar, dobro
- Joe Walsh - Electric guitar
- Bobby Caldwell - Drums on all tracks except "Uncomplicated"
- Joe Vitale - Drums
- Kenny Passarelli - Bass guitar
- Tasha Thomas - Backing vocals
- Edgar Winter - Keyboards
- Lani Groves - Backing vocals
- Carl Hall - Backing vocals
- Suzi Quatro - Bass guitar
- Paul Harris - Keyboards
- Joe Lala - Percussion
- Toots Thielemans - Harmonica
- Coda, Cub. All American Boy at AllMusic
- "All American Boy - Rick Derringer". Džuboks (in Serbian) (Gornji Milanovac: Dečje novine) (5 (second series)): 22.
- This song first appeared on the album Johnny Winter And from artist Johnny Winter. Rick Derringer played guitar and sang vocals for that album.