Dark the Suns
||The topic of this article may not meet Wikipedia's notability guideline for music. (January 2009)|
|Dark the Suns|
|Genres||Doom Metal, Gothic Metal|
Founded as a solo project by vocalist and guitarist Mikko Ojala in 2005, a demo was followed by the release of the full-length In Darkness Comes Beauty in 2006 once Dark the Suns became a full band. 2007 and 2008 brought local gigs, and a short Baitian mini-tour in May 2008. Some line-up changes occurred, including drummer Eino and keyboardist Pinja replacing Markus and Juha respectively. Later in the year Juha returned as a second guitarist.
The EP The Dead End was released in autumn 2008, and the first web-single from All Ends In Silence, "Rimed With Frost", was released in January 2009. It was followed by a further web-single, "Everlasting", in February. The album itself was planned for 11 March 2009, but was pushed back a week by the label, and then another week to 25 March, the date it was actually released.
Drummer Eino moved to Helsinki in March 2009, and original drummer Markus returned to the band.
Dark the Suns' third album Sleepwalking in a Nightmare was supposed to be released in Autumn 2010. In fact, it was released on November 24, 2010 in Finland by Firebox Records, and then reissued on March 27, 2012 in U.S. by Metalhit.
The band made an announcement that it was splitting up in early 2013.
- Eliisa Tuomanen: Vocals (2010–2013)
- Mikko Ojala: Guitar & Vocals (2005–2013)
- Inka Tuomaala: Bass & Keyboards (2006–2013)
- Mikael Saalasti: Drums (2011–2013)
- In Darkness Comes Beauty (2007)
- The Dead End (EP, 2008)
- All Ends in Silence (2009)
- Sleepwalking in a Nightmare (2010)
- "Dark the Suns: new album title announced". Blabbermouth. 26 February 2010. Retrieved 26 February 2010.
- "Dark The Suns – Sleepwalking In A Nightmare". Discogs. 2012. Retrieved 9 August 2014.