All Good (album)
|Studio album by Nina|
|Released||January 23, 2013Philippines)(|
|Producer||Vic del Rosario, Jr., Tony Ocampo, Vicente del Rosario, Civ Fontanilla, Christian de Walden, Vehnee A. Saturno|
|Singles from '|
All Good is the seventh studio album by Filipino singer Nina, released in the Philippines on January 23, 2013 by Viva Records. The album release was accompanied by the singer's comeback major concert at the Music Museum entitled Nina Reborn.
On May 8, 2012, Girado signed a five-year recording deal with Viva Records, following the expiration of her contract with Universal. In an interview, she stated that during her Love2Love2Love concert in 2010—which was produced by Viva Entertainment, the label's head Vicente Del Rosario, Jr. expressed interest in managing her career. However, she has already signed under Universal at that time. Shortly after her separation with the label, she reunited with Viva with the help of Geleen Eugenio. She expressed working on a new album, saying that it will have "the same Nina sound [...] New songs maybe, can be cover, can be original, but we’re eyeing on original songs." She will be having her acting debut with the label, stating "I'll be going to Singapore to do acting workshop. Because I myself, honestly, don't know much about acting. So if ever I will star in a movie, I'm not half-baked, I'll be prepared. And also for myself, I want to be prepared, especially if I'm heading straight into a new direction." In October 2012, she appeared in a cameo role for the film A Secret Affair, where she also performed the movie theme song "Don't Say Goodbye." On January 25, 2013, she staged her comeback concert at the Music Museum entitled Nina Reborn, accompanied by the release of her first album under Viva.
All Good received favorable response from OPM critics, being described as Nina's "strongest album in years." Remy Umerez of Journal emphasized the singer's commercial charisma by saying that "[Nina] set the bar high for female singers of her generation with the multi-platinum success of her solo albums in the mid-2000s" and praised the album's sound, stating "A more mature Nina is what people will hear [...] All Good is a suite of beautiful songs." She complimented the original songs, including the Tagalog ballad "Paano" which she called "heart-tugging." Yugel Losorata of The Philippine Star shared the same opinion on Nina's commercial success, commenting "[Nina] has done her first all-OPM package for her new CD, reflecting her mindset of thanking back the local music scene that has provided her blessings other lady acts can only dream of." However, he criticized the first official single "Sa Isang Tingin", calling it a "safe choice for radio airplay" due to the song's "strong melody somewhat influenced by high-recall Tagalog songs of the yesteryears." Losorata praised the title track and "Pinilit Kong Limutin Ka", stating "the latter two have more melodic appeal than the first single."
"Don't Say Goodbye" was released on October 9, 2012 prior to the release of All Good as a promotional single for Viva's feature film A Secret Affair, which starred Anne Curtis and Derek Ramsey. The song was a Louie Ocampo-penned ballad, originally recorded by Pops Fernandez. It was co-written by Fernandez' ex-husband Martin Nievera. The song received positive feedback from both critics and listeners, causing it to gain radio airplay and later being used as a promo single for the album. Its music video was taken from a scene in the film, where Nina is seen performing in a bar's concert stage, with only a piano accompanying her voice. Throughout the video, scenes from the movie randomly appear. On February 23, 2013, "Sa Isang Tingin", an original love song written by MJ Magno of MMJ and XLR8, was released as the first commercial single for the album. Nina has performed the song in various concerts and television appearances. Despite being claimed as an official single, no music video was yet recorded for the song's promotion.
- Other notable songs
"Hurting Inside" was released on March 3, 2013 as a promotional single for the album. The song was written by Jimmy Antiporda and originally recorded by 90's OPM girl group Vanna Vanna. It was accompanied by an official lyric video, which was published on Viva Records' official YouTube page during the song's release.
Following the launch of All Good during Nina's comeback concert, Nina Reborn, held at Music Museum on January 25, 2013, she promoted the album in noon-time variety show Wowowillie on February 2. She has launched the album at a large shopping mall, TriNoma on the 17th, and performed some of the album's songs such Sa Isang Tingin, All Good, Don't Say Goodbye, Paano, and Hurting Inside. And did several other mall shows across her home country, the Philippines. In March 2013, a lyric video for her song Hurting Inside was released by VivaMusicGroup. After just two days, she held an international tour and the first leg was in Asiana Hotel - Dubai Deira. Further, she performed Sa Isang Tingin, her biggest hits, Love Moves In Mysterious Ways and her trademark single, Foolish Heart along with Kris Lawrence, Down To Mars, Rhythm n' Boys, Gian Magdangal and Jay-R at Party Pilipinas on the 24th.
|1.||"Maybe It's Too Soon"||Vehnee A. Saturno, Marion Aunor||Saturno||3:39|
|2.||"Sa Isang Tingin"||MJ Magno||Civ Fontanilla||4:10|
|4.||"Kung Walang Ikaw, Walang Ako"||Elmer Blancaflor||Fontanilla||4:58|
|5.||"Mahal na Mahal Kita"||Archie Dairocas||Fontanilla||4:49|
|6.||"All Good"||Toto Sorioso||Fontanilla||4:10|
|7.||"Make It Up to You"||Jimmy Borja, Judy Klass||Christian de Walden||3:30|
|8.||"Sad"||Borja, Klass||de Walden||3:54|
|10.||"When the Love Is Gone"||Lim||Fontanilla||4:20|
|11.||"Hurting Inside"||Jimmy Antiporda||Fontanilla||4:47|
|12.||"Pinilit Kong Limutin Ka"||Borja, Lori Barth, Ralf Stemmann||de Walden||4:22|
|13.||"Don't Say Goodbye" (bonus track)||Louie Ocampo, Martin Nievera||Fontanilla||4:27|
- Track 2 is translated in English as "With One Look."
- Track 3 was originally recorded by True Faith.
- Track 4 is translated in English as "If There's No You, There'd Be No Me."
- Track 5 is translated in English as "I Love You So Much," and was originally recorded by Archie D.
- Track 9 is translated in English as "How."
- Track 11 was originally recorded by Vanna Vanna.
- Track 12 is the Tagalog version of "I Still Believe in Loving You," originally recorded by Sarah Geronimo.
- Track 13 is a theme song from the 2012 film A Secret Affair, originally recorded by Pops Fernandez.
|Philippines||CD||January 23, 2013||Viva Records||VRCDS94,1485|
- Crispina Martinez-Belen (January 19, 2013). "Nina Reborn At Music Museum". Manila Bulletin. Retrieved 2013-01-26.
- "Nina in Reborn on Jan. 25". The Philippine Star. January 20, 2013. Retrieved 2013-01-26.
- Baby A. Gil (January 11, 2013). "Nina reborn for 2013". The Philippine Star. Retrieved 2013-01-26.
- "Nina reborn". Malaya. January 17, 2013. Retrieved 2013-01-26.
- "Soul Siren Nina gears up for new album". Viva Interactive. May 8, 2012. Retrieved 2012-05-13.
- "Soul Siren Nina to star in theatrical play". Viva Interzctive. May 10, 2012. Retrieved 2012-05-13.
- Joyce Jimenez (May 10, 2012). "Soul Siren Nina is now ready to try acting". pep.ph. Retrieved 2012-05-13.
- "Singer Nina prepares for acting career". ABS-CBN News. May 10, 2012. Retrieved 2012-05-13.
- Remy Umerez (February 19, 2013). "Nina reemerges with new album". Journal Online. Retrieved 2013-06-08.
- Yugel Losorata (March 3, 2013). "New phase for Nina’s career". The Philippine Star Online. Retrieved 2013-06-08.
- vivamusicgroup1 (March 3, 2013). "Hurting Inside.- Nina (lyric video)". YouTube. Retrieved 2013-06-08.