All I See
|"All I See"|
|Single by Kylie Minogue|
|from the album X|
|Released||11 March 2008|
|Kylie Minogue singles chronology|
"All I See" is a song performed by Australian recording artist and songwriter Kylie Minogue from her tenth studio album X (2007). The song was written by Jonas Jeberg, Mich Hedin Hansen, Edwin "Lil' Eddie" Serrano and produced by Jeberg and Cutfather. It was released digitally as a promo single in North America on 11 March 2008. The song was released to American radio formats on 15 April 2008. A version featuring rapper Mims was released to radio formats and included as a bonus track on the American edition of X.
To promote the single and the album in the United States, Minogue appeared on several television programmes. On 31 March 2008, she appeared on the Today show for an interview with Matt Lauer. On 1 April, Minogue performed "All I See" live on Dancing with the Stars. On 7 April 2008, Minogue appeared and performed "All I See" on The Ellen DeGeneres Show. The single was particularly released in the US and in Canada to boost Minogue's image in the States, as it appeared she had a low profile, but the song only managed to peak at number 3 in the US dance charts.
"All I See" received generally mixed reviews from most music critics. Sal Cinquemani from Slant Magazine gave it an extended review. He said:
Kylie Minogue has churned out three singles from her album X since its international release last year, but it's another song, "All I See," that will be the record's official first single in the U.S. It's one of only three tracks that don't seem to fit the otherwise consistent Euro-disco mash-up of the singer's 10th studio album (the belated Ray of Light rip-off "No More Rain" and the Fergie/Gwen-meets-the-Pussycat-Dolls-meets-"SexyBack" monstrosity that is "Nu-Di-Ty" are the other offenders), but that's exactly why it's a perfect fit for this country. In his review of X, Slant critic Dave Hughes compared "All I See" to Janet Jackson's 1997 house hit "Together Again," and while the breathy vocals are totally Janet, the rest of the song is a virtual carbon copy of Ne-Yo's "Because of You," right down to the measured 4/4 beat and harpsichord.
If radio programmers could find room on their playlists for Natasha Bedingfield's market-pandering "Love Like This," then surely they can find space for "All I See." Although a remix featuring MIMS will be serviced to radio stations soon, there's still no video in sight, so if the song fails, Kylie's American fans can blame her record label, which hasn't figured out how to market the superstar in the U.S. since "Can't Get You Out of My Head".
The promotional music video for "All I See" was directed by William Baker, Minogue's creative director. It was filmed in three hours while Minogue was on break from KylieX2008 tour rehearsals. Filmed in black-and-white using an Alcatel One Touch Easy, it features Minogue in various outfits and dancer Marco da Silva dancing in front of a white background. The video premiered on Minogue's website on 18 April 2008.
Minogue performed the song on the following concert tour:
- KylieX2008 (acoustic version, at some shows only)
The song was also performed on:
Formats and track listings
- CD single
- "All I See" – 3:04
- "All I See" (Instrumental) – 3:04
- Digital bundle single
- "All I See" - 3:04
- "All I See" (featuring Mims) – 3:51
- "In My Arms" (Spitzer Dub Remix) – 5:05
- "All I See" (Mark Picchiotti Proper House Vocal) – 7:48
- "All I See" (Mark Picchiotti Proper House Dub) – 7:42
- "All I See" (Mark Picchiotti Proper Radio Edit) –3:15
- "All I See" (Mark Picchiotti Funk Vocal) – 7:31
- "All I See" (Mark Picchiotti Funk Dub) – 7:48
- "All I See" (Mark Picchiotti Funk Radio Edit) – 3:22
|Canadian Hot 100||87|
|Hungarian Airplay Chart||36|
|US Billboard Hot Dance Club Play||3|
- "All I See" was ranked as the 26th most played song in United States clubs of 2008 by Billboard.
|United States||11 March 2008||Digital download|
|15 April 2008||Radio airplay|
|Australia||1 December 2008||Digital download|
- "Digital Download". Amazon.com. Retrieved 28 February 2008.
- ""X" on CD from Kylie Minogue!". EdgeBoston.com. Retrieved 6 March 2008.
- Michaels, Mitch. "Kylie Minogue Making US Promo Appearance For X". 411Mania.com. 27 March 2008. Retrieved 29 March 2008.
- "Kylie Minogue takes on United States". Herald Sun. 26 March 2008. Retrieved 29 March 2008.
- ""All I See" Is That Kylie Minogue Is Stopping By On Monday!". Ellen.WarnerBros.com. April 2008. Retrieved 9 June 2008.
- Minogue, Kylie. "Message From Kylie". Kylie.com. 18 April 2008. Retrieved 18 April 2008.
- Kylie Minogue Album & Song Chart History
- Archívum – Slágerlisták – MAHASZ – Magyar Hanglemezkiadók Szövetsége (in Hungarian)
- "Kylie Minogue". Allmusic. 28 May 1968. Retrieved 23 December 2011.
- [dead link]