All India Democratic Youth Organisation
All India Democratic Youth Organization is the youth wing of the Socialist Unity Centre of India (Communist).
All India Democratic Youth Organization (AIDYO) was formed on 26 June 1966, with the stated purpose of uniting the youth of India to fight all social menaces and atrocities such as superstition, communalism, casteism, regionalism, religious fundamentalism, etc.
The All India President of the organization is Dr. B. R. Manjunath.
AIDYO organizes youth movements against various policies of the state and the central government which affects the youths who are analysed as anti-people, pro-capitalist, as per the ideology put forth by Shibdas Ghosh. The organisation strives to do away with what they analyse as decadent capitalist-imperialist culture and its degenerative influence (obscenity, vulgarity, obsession with sex, indulgence in narcotic alcoholism, etc.).
The organisation encourages the youth to observe the birth and death anniversaries of the great men of history who fought for secular democratic and revolutionary ideology in their time which is of social relevance even now.
Considering "street theatre" as a tool for social change, the organization conducts street play festivals every year. The 17th Street Play Festival was held in Bangalore from 22 to 24 February 2013.
- Shibdas Ghosh: To the youth
- State-level youth conference to begin on 2 Feb http://www.newindpress.com/NewsItems.asp?ID=IE120070124222837&Page=1&Title=Bangalore&Topic=0
- AIDYO, AIMSS activists tear apart ‘sleazy’ ad hoardings http://www.deccanherald.com/Archives/aug22005/district185959200581.asp
- AIDYO to stage rally in Bangalore http://www.hindu.com/2005/08/13/stories/2005081305470300.htm
- AIDYO to organize 'Vidhana Saudha Chalo' on 15 July http://www.deccanherald.com/archives/july112004/d2.asp
- Students protest sex education http://www.tribuneindia.com/2007/20070526/delhi.htm#4
- ‘Singh’ing praises for a true patriot http://www.deccanherald.com/Archives/sep292006/district1826452006928.asp
- Karnataka: Bhagat Singh’s contribution to freedom struggle remembered http://www.hindu.com/2007/08/24/stories/2007082457740300.htm
- On a mission to revive street theatre http://www.hindu.com/2005/12/21/stories/2005122106100200.htm
- Street plays, dance and music http://www.hindu.com/2006/01/19/stories/2006011915970200.htm
|This communist youth movement-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|