All Saints Church, Fulham
|All Saints Church, Fulham|
|Denomination||Church of England|
|Parish||All Saints Fulham|
|Deanery||Hammersmith and Fulham|
|Vicar(s)||Revd Joseph Hawes
Vicar of Fulham
Revd Penny Seabrook
Revd Eileen McGregor
|Honorary priest(s)||Archbishop Walter Makhulu
Canon David Tann
|Director of music||Jonathan Wikeley|
There has been a church on the same site for over 900 years. The current building is situated in Bishop’s Park overlooking the river Thames.
The church has a long association with the Bishops of London as Lords of the Manor. Fulham Palace, the former residence of the Bishops of London is nearby.
Apart from the tower, construction of which began in 1440, the existing church building dates from the late Victorian period, having been rebuilt in 1880–1 by Sir Arthur Blomfield, using squared rubblestone, ashlar dressings and perpendicular style windows.
Putney Bridge is unique in that it is the only bridge in Britain to have a church at both ends: the ancient St. Mary's Church, Putney, is located in Putney on the south bank, and All Saints Church, Fulham, is on the north bank.
The church was featured in the film The Omen, in a scene which begins in Bishop's Park, and ends with a bizarre accident where a priest is impaled by a lightning conductor on the top of the tower that is dislodged when it is hit by lightning.
- Charles James Blomfield - Bishop of London
- Sir William Butts - physician to King Henry VIII of England
- Edmund Gibson - Bishop of London
- Thomas Hayter - Bishop of London
- Humphrey Henchman - Bishop of London
- Henry Holland - architect
- John Jackson - Bishop of London
- Robert Lowth - Bishop of London
- John Mordaunt, 1st Viscount Mordaunt - royalist, prominent in the English Civil War
- John Robinson - Bishop of London
- John Saris - captain of the first English voyage to Japan
- Granville Sharp - abolitionist
- William Sharp - surgeon
- Thomas Sherlock - Bishop of London
- Richard Terrick - Bishop of London
- Sir William Withers - Lord Mayor of London
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to All Saints Church (Fulham).|