All Saints RC School
- For other schools with a similar name see All Saints High School (disambiguation).
|Motto||We shall serve|
|DfE URN||122900 Tables|
All Saints RC School is a Roman Catholic school in Mansfield, Nottinghamshire, England. It is the only Catholic secondary school in the district, with an average of 1500 pupils. In 2006 the school was awarded specialist status as an Arts College. The School's current Head Teacher is Maureen Cobbett.
All Saints' opened in 1974, initially as a 13-18 comprehensive with Mary Gray as headmistress. It became an 11-18 comprehensive school on a split site in 1984. Peter Whalley took over as Headmaster in 1981, and was succeeded in December 1996 by Ken Daly. Daly retired in April 2008. In 1978 the school was visited by Prince Charles.
The current building was constructed for a pupil population of around 600 but has been gradually extended with the construction of a new Performing arts block and new Science block and the addition of 19 temporary class rooms. The school's X block's have been renovated a number of times and currently holds classes in PE office, Geography, Mathematics, RE, DT (Sewing) and SEN.
The School, which recently became a 'Dyslexia friendly School', has a sixth form of over 100 pupils, and currently has a total pupil population of approximately 1250. The School has approximately 75 Teaching staff, plus TA support and ancillary support staff.
The school was in the national news in 2009 when  a Science teacher named Peter Harvey was charged with attempted murder after attacking a student in a science lesson. In a trial at Nottingham Crown court he was found not guilty of attempted murder but admitted a lesser charge of grievous bodily harm without intent, and was given community service. Harvey was planning to retire after the incident but was dismissed before.
Notable former pupils
- Alex Baptiste, professional footballer for Blackpool
- Malcolm Campbell, screenwriter
- Karl Chiverton, professional boxer
- Charlotte Henshaw, swimmer, 2012 Paralympic Silver Medalist
- Laura Heathcote, distinguished early-modernist fantasy author
- Jay McGuiness, singer, The Wanted
- "All Saints RC Comprehensive School". Ofsted. 11 December 2008. Retrieved 2009-07-10.
- "'Pupil murder bid' teacher held". bbc.co.uk (BBC News). 2009-07-09. Retrieved 2010-09-21.
- "Teacher Peter Harvey cleared of attempting to kill boy". bbc.co.uk (BBC News). 2010-04-19. Retrieved 2010-09-22.
- "Stagsnet Latest News - the definitive Stags news archive". Stagsnet.net. Retrieved 2013-01-12.
- Savage, James. "Mansfield screenplay writer up for prestigious film award - Local - Mansfield and Ashfield Chad". Chad.co.uk. Retrieved 2013-01-12.
- Published on Wednesday 19 December 2001 10:25 (2001-12-19). "Boxing - National joy for Chiverton - Sport - Mansfield and Ashfield Chad". Chad.co.uk. Retrieved 2013-01-12.
- "Screaming girls greet singer who goes back to school". Newark Advertiser. 2010-07-23. Retrieved 2013-01-12.