All That Jazz (song)
"All That Jazz" is a song from the 1975 musical Chicago. It has lyrics by Fred Ebb and music by John Kander, and is the opening song of the musical. The title of the 1979 film, starring Roy Scheider as a character strongly resembling choreographer/stage and film director Bob Fosse, is derived from the song.
- Chita Rivera performs it on the original cast album of Chicago (1975).
- Liza Minnelli recorded a single version (1975).
- Bebe Neuwirth performs it on the Broadway revival cast album of Chicago (1996)
- The version performed by Catherine Zeta-Jones and cast in the film version of Chicago (2002) was listed as #98 on AFI's 100 Years... 100 Songs list.
- The JabbaWockeeZ danced to this song on America's Best Dance Crew in 2008.
- Niki Evans sang the song on Series 4 of The X Factor.
- The Bellagio Fountains attraction at the Bellagio hotel in Las Vegas has this song on their playlist.
- Shirley Bassey, in her 1998 concert Viva Diva! for the BBC.
- In 2010, on Over the Rainbow, Andrew Lloyd Webber's show to search for a West End Dorothy Gale in The Wizard of Oz, four girls in a group in the Top 20 had to sing "All That Jazz" to convince Andrew and the judges that they were potential Dorothys. Three of them made it through - Stephanie (who ended up in seventh place), Jessica Robinson (who ended up in fifth place), and Sophie Evans, who made the final and came runner-up. Ruthie Henshall, who had played both Velma and Roxie in the West End's Chicago, coached the girls.
- The song was covered by Kate Hudson and Lea Michele on the Glee Season 4 Episode 9 "Swan Song (Glee)" where they competed to see who is better.
|This show tune-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|