|IATA: AET – ICAO: PFAL – FAA LID: 6A8|
|Owner||State of Alaska DOT&PF - Northern Region|
|Elevation AMSL||441 ft / 134 m|
Allakaket Airport (IATA: AET, ICAO: PFAL, FAA LID: 6A8), is a state-owned public-use airport located two nautical miles (4 km) north-northwest of the central business district of Allakaket, a city in the Yukon-Koyukuk Census Area of the U.S. state of Alaska. The airport is sometimes referred to as the New Allakaket Airport because it was constructed on a site southeast of the original airport which is now closed.
Facilities and aircraft
Allakaket Airport has one runway designated 5/23 with a gravel surface measuring 4,000 by 100 feet (1,219 x 30 m). For the 12-month period ending December 31, 2005, the airport had 2,270 aircraft operations, an average of 189 per month: 53% air taxi, 46% general aviation and 1% military.
Airlines and destinations
The following airlines offer scheduled passenger service at this airport:
|Arctic Circle Air||Fairbanks|
|Warbelow's Air Ventures||Anaktuvuk Pass, Fairbanks|
|Wright Air Service||Bettles, Fairbanks |
- FAA Airport Master Record for 6A8 ( PDF), effective 2008-07-31.
- Preliminary CY 2007 Passenger Boarding and All-Cargo Data. Federal Aviation Administration. 2008-07-17.
- AET: Allakaket Airport, Alaska. Aviation Safety Network. Retrieved 2008-09-21.
- PFAL: Allakaket Airport, Alaska. AirNav.com. Retrieved 2008-09-21.
- Annotated aerial photo showing new airport southeast of old airport. WikiMapia. Retrieved 2008-09-21.
- "Fairbanks Schedule". Arctic Circle Air. April 24, 2006.
- "Flight Schedule". Wright Air Service. Retrieved June 15, 2012.
- FAA Alaska airport diagram (GIF)
- FAA Terminal Procedures for 6A8, effective December 11, 2014
- Resources for this airport:
|This article about an Alaska airport is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This article about a location in the Yukon-Koyukuk Census Area, Alaska is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|