Allamuchy Mountain State Park
Allamuchy Mountain State Park is located in Byram Township, New Jersey, United States. The park is operated and maintained by the New Jersey Division of Parks and Forestry. There are more than 20 miles (32 km) of unmarked trails in the northern section of Allamuchy, and 14 miles (23 km) of marked multi-use trails.
The park is in the Northeastern coastal forests ecoregion. The 2,440 acres (9.9 km2) of mixed oak and hardwood forests and maintained fields of this natural area display various stages of succession. It is situated on the Musconetcong River
Waterloo Village has exhibits from many different time periods from a 400 year old Lenape (Delaware) Native American village to a port along the once prosperous Morris Canal. The early 19th-century village contains a working mill with gristmills and sawmills, a general store, a blacksmith shop and restored houses.
- Olson, D. M, E. Dinerstein, et al (2001). "Terrestrial Ecoregions of the World: A New Map of Life on Earth". BioScience 51 (11): 933–938. doi:10.1641/0006-3568(2001)051[0933:TEOTWA]2.0.CO;2.
- Allamuchy Mountain State Park
- Waterloo Village
- NY-NJTC: Allamuchy Mountain State Park Trail Details and Info
- Photos of Ancient Building at Allamuchy Mountain State Park
- Photos of Stuyvesant Estate at Allamuchy Mountain State Park