Allan Quatermain and the Temple of Skulls
|Allan Quatermain and the Temple of Skulls|
US DVD cover
|Directed by||Mark Atkins|
|Produced by||David Michael Latt
|Written by||David Michael Latt
H. Rider Haggard (novel)
|Starring||Sean Michael (South African actor)
|Distributed by||The Asylum|
|Running time||90 minutes|
Allan Quatermain and the Temple of Skulls is a 2008 direct-to-DVD adventure film created by American studio The Asylum. The film follows the adventures of explorer Allan Quatermain, and was filmed entirely on location in South Africa.
The film was released shortly after the premiere of Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull, and whilst the film contains some elements similar to Crystal Skull (Quatermain himself resembles Indiana Jones on the DVD cover), the film itself is a loose adaptation of the novel King Solomon's Mines by H. Rider Haggard.
Throughout the film, Quatermain must avoid hidden dangers, violent natives and other unseen traps during their quest for the treasure of the Temple of Skulls, travelling by train, river and air to reach his goal, while being pursued by rival treasure-seekers and unfriendly natives who wish to sabotage his expedition.
- Sean Michael - Allan Quatermain
- Christopher Adamson - Hartford
- Natalie Stone - Lady Anna
- Daniel Bonjour - Sir Henry
- Wittly Jourdan - Umbopa
- http://www.theasylum.cc/product.php?id=143 Production information at The Asylum
- Allan Quatermain and the Temple of Skulls at the Internet Movie Database
- Allan Quatermain and the Temple of Skulls at The Asylum
- Zone Troopers: Website about the different Allan Quatermain and King Solomon's Mine films