|Height||5 ft 6 in (1.68 m)|
|Weight||120 lb (54 kg)|
|No. of adult films||Approx. 20|
She was born in Cuba and emigrated to the United States at five, with her family. Her father had been a political prisoner. She grew up in Miami, Florida, but later relocated to New York City around 1999.
She has described herself as having "always felt extremely effeminate", but did not start dressing as a female until after high school, when she attended art school. She describes her transition as an "evolvement of her femininity" since "I just changed the outside to match what I always felt inside of me. The change was purely cosmetic, I've always felt the same internally".
While attending art college and before her transition, Starr developed a career as a performance artist in Miami Beach during the mid 90's. She was a club kid that became well known for her outrageous costumes, make up, and performances in the local media and social circuit. She went to achieve nightclub fame and performed for the likes of Madonna at her 32 birthday party (which was chronicled years later by her brother in his book Life With My Sister Madonna), Gianni Versace New Year's Eve parties at his home before his death, and several high profiled events. Starr chose to retire from performing two years into transition as she felt "it was not fun anymore".
Her films include Allanah Starr's Big Boob Adventures, directed by transsexual Gia Darling, which included a pornographic first: a filmed sex scene between a male-to-female transsexual and a female-to-male transsexual (Buck Angel). For that performance she was nominated for two AVN Awards including Transsexual Performer Of The Year and Most Outrageous Sex Scene. During that time she was the only transsexual in the adult industry to hold a contract with a major production company, Gia Darling Entertainment.
Her first appearance in adult erotica was on the Grooby Productions web site "ShemaleYum", and her first hardcore appearance was in the video and DVD "Shemale Yum presents Mixed Nuts and a Chocolate Chip." She has worked with pornographic photographers Tony Vee and Joey Silvera.
Starr has had 60 cosmetic surgeries and over 300 cosmetic procedures. She has modeled herself after the figures and faces of Jayne Mansfield, Jessica Rabbit, and Sophia Loren. In January 2008, She won the AVN Award for Transsexual Performer Of The Year.
Afterwards, Starr's body was molded by Top Co Sales, an adult sex toy manufacturer, as part of their celebrity series, the model debuting January 2009. She was the second transsexual in the world, following Gia Darling to have such a contract. The first toy released was a mold of Starr's mouth.
- 2007 AVN Award for Transsexual Performer of the Year (nominee)
- 2008 AVN Award for Transsexual Performer of the Year (winner)
- 2007 Best Party Promoter Glammy (nominee)
- 2008 Best Party Promoter Glammy (nominee)
- 2007 Most Outrageous Sex Scene AVN Award with Buck Angel (nominee)
- Allanah Star. "My Bio". Allanah's Official Site. Archived from the original on 18 October 2008. Retrieved 2008-11-06.
- TS Allanah Starr, Shemale escort in Manhattan, New York
- Ehmann, Abby (2005-04-12). "Allanah Starr". Eros-London.com. Archived from the original on 2005-04-12. Retrieved 2007-09-22.
- Taormino, Tristan (September 9, 2005). "Havin' Buck for Breakfast". The Village Voice. Archived from the original on 12 June 2006. Retrieved 2006-06-10.
- "2007 AVN Nominations". AVN. Archived from the original on 2006-12-20. Retrieved 2008-11-24.
- "2008 AVN AWARDS WINNERS ANNOUNCED". AVN. Archived from the original on 28 February 2009. Retrieved 2009-03-12.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Allanah Starr.|