|Created by||Jan Fleming-Candler
|Voices of||Kathryn Mullen
Martin P. Robinson
|Country of origin||USA|
|No. of seasons||3|
|No. of episodes||50|
|Production company(s)||Topstone Productions
|Picture format||480i (SDTV)|
|Original run||October 24, 1994– May 1, 1996|
Allegra's Window is a children's television series that aired on Nick Jr. from October 24, 1994 to May 1, 1996, with reruns airing until June 1998 and later airing on Noggin from February 2, 1999 to April 2003. The show deals with the daily life of a precocious, imaginative puppet named Allegra, and featured live actors, puppets and animation a la Sesame Street. The show was created by Jan Fleming, John Hoffman and Jim Jinkins. Two of the puppeteers, Kathryn Mullen and Anthony Asbury, would later work together on the PBS series Between the Lions as the performers of Lionel and Leona Lion.
The series also spawned a series of music videos aired during interstitials that aired on Nick Jr.
The series follows Allegra through the daily triumphs, trials, and tribulations of being little. She and her big brother Rondo, along with her best friend Lindi (a yellow dog) and a pesky blue neighborhood cat named Riff, all try to learn about the world around them with the help of their neighborhood friends. At the end of each episode, Allegra sits at her window and reflects on all the lessons she has learned. The series was music-based and included musically inspired characters named Lindi, Rondo, Riff, Reed, Ms. Melody, Ellington, Sonata, Clef and of course, the title character's name itself. There were also segments that feature talking musical instruments that live on the wall of Reed's Music shop. Special character Daphne Dolphin also appears with her friend Salvatore Intieri later in the series.
Over 100 original songs were created for the series, under the oversight of musical director Donald Sibesky.
The original decision to use the name Allegra for the show's protagonist occurred after creator/executive producer Jan Fleming attended a dinner party at the house of London-based academics and was introduced to their youngest daughter, Allegra. That evening she remarked that it would be a great name for the little girl at the center of the project she was working on.
- Allegra (performed by Kathryn Mullen) – The main protagonist of the series. She is just learning about the world outside of her home, and as such is often quite naive. She mostly encounters problems and is always relied on her friends to find a solution. She also is known for having curly doodle hair, which Rondo points out and hates the fact that he does.
- Rondo (performed by Anthony Asbury) – The older brother of Allegra. Although he often tries to act tough, he has a great deal of love and protection for his sister. It is mentioned that he is in the first grade by Allegra.
- Lindi (performed by Pam Arciero) – A yellow dog who is Allegra's best friend. She is less naive than Allegra and often acts as her voice of reason. She has a love for dance, especially ballet.
- Riff (performed by Martin P. Robinson) - The pesky neighborhood cat and Rondo's best friend. Although he frequently takes advantage of Allegra's naivety, his favorite target is Mr. Cook.
- Mr. Cook (performed by Tim Lagasse) - The town baker who is frequently the butt of Riff's antics. He his generally upbeat and always speaks in third person.
- Poco (performed by Anthony Asbury) - Mr. Cook's young nephew. The youngest character on the show, he is very childlike and looks up to Allegra, Rondo, Lindi, and sometimes even Riff. Like his uncle, he also speaks in third person.
- Reed (played by Bob Stillman) – A musician who runs the town's music shop. He is also Lindi and Riff's caretaker. On some occasions, he can be easily forgetful.
- Ms. Melody (played by Andrea Frierson) – A teacher who runs Little Blue Daycare who favors Allegra.
- Ellington (played by Harry Burney) - The oldest resident of Hummingbird Alley. He is very kind and gentle to everyone in town, especially towards the kids.
- Encora (played by Joanne Baum) - A friendly mail carrier with a love for singing.
- Sonata (performed by Pam Arciero) - Allegra and Rondo's mother.
- Clef (performed by Martin P. Robinson) - Allegra and Rondo's father.
- Flugie and Tweeter (performed by Martin P. Robinson and Anthony Asbury) - Two tiny birds who live in a nest above a tree in Reed's piano garden.
Season 1: 1994
|#||Title||Original air date|
|1||"My First Day at Daycare"||October 24, 1994|
|Allegra is very nervous about attending her first day of Daycare. Accompanied by family and friends, she enters into a new world which at first seems overwhelming.|
|2||"Where's Godfrey?"||November 2, 1994|
|When Allegra loses "Godfrey the Octopus", her favorite stuffed toy, she is devastated. Everyone in Hummingbird Alley helps to look for Godfrey, and the concern and understanding her friends demonstrate helps Allegra to deal with her loss.|
|3||"My Own Monster"||November 11, 1994|
|Allegra and Lindi are frightened when Rondo and Riff pretend that scary monsters lurk inside the boys' new fort. At Daycare, the girls learn monsters are not only imaginary--but can also be fun!|
|4||"Small Is Beautiful"||October 26, 1994|
|Allegra feels terribly frustrated; she's always being told she's "too little". She can't play with her brother's toys or assist Mr. Cook in his diner, but she learns that small is sometimes the best size to be.|
|5||"The Imaginary Zoo"||October 27, 1994|
|Rondo goes on a class trip to the zoo, and Allegra and her friends long to go with him. At Daycare, Ms. Melody takes them on a different type of "field trip"..by helping them to create their own, imaginary zoo.|
|6||"The Zootabaga Caper"||October 31, 1994|
|Allegra tries Zootabagas as a new food.|
|7||"I've Got A Secret!"||November 7, 1994|
|Allegra tries to keep a secret about a newly refurbished guitar that was ruined.|
|8||"Lots of Turkey Pox"||November 9, 1994|
|Allegra is sick and has turkey pox.|
|9||"Don't Touch My Stuff!"||November 14, 1994|
|Allegra accidentally breaks her brother's new toy, which she was warned not to touch.|
|10||"The Big Concert"||November 21, 1994|
|Rondo and Riff have a big concert. They ask Allegra to join the concert as a part of a back up singer, but she goes through stage fright.|
|11||"Puppy Power To The Rescue"||November 28, 1994|
|Allegra and her friends pretend to be super-heroes. Lindi has a new comic book, Power Puppy, which makes everyone jealous.|
|12||"When is Reed Coming Home?"||December 1, 1994|
|Allegra is worried about Reed coming home from a trip.|
|13||"Bandages R Us!"||December 5, 1994|
|Lindi hurts her paw. Allegra helps her by putting a bandage on it.|
|14||"Read Me A Story"||December 8, 1994|
|Allegra likes when Rondo reads a story to her, so she makes up her own story.|
|15||"Allegra Has A Bad Day"||November 29, 1994|
|Allegra is not having a good day since she caused many havoc and disruptions around the house.|
|16||"Waiting for Grandma"||December 21, 1994|
|Allegra is excited for her grandmother to come over for the holidays.|
|17||"Nothing To Do"||December 7, 1994|
|Allegra is bored and can't find anything to do.|
|18||"Time Out"||December 31, 1994|
|Allegra gets a time out with Rondo for disobeying their mother and breaking a rule.|
Season 2: 1995-1996
|#||Title||Original air date|
|19||"A Box Divided"||July 1, 1995|
|Encora helps the children play with a box.|
|20||"Mr. Cook Babysits"||July 7, 1995|
|Mr. Cook babysits the kids while Allegra and Rondo's parents are away.|
|21||"Here's Poco"||July 10, 1995|
|Allegra helps Poco, who is new to day care.|
|22||"The Big Mystery"||July 13, 1995|
|Allegra must find out who stole her prized possessions.|
|23||"Copy Cat, Copy Cat, Go Away!"||July 13, 1995|
|Allegra imitates Rondo.|
|24||"A Frog Named Steve"||August 5, 1995|
|Allegra sees a frog and calls it Steve. She takes care of it for a week.|
|25||"Topsy Turvy Day"||August 12, 1995|
|Everything is mixed up as it is Topsy Turvy Day.|
|26||"Kids That Go Bump In The Night"||August 19, 1995|
|Allegra and Rondo have a sleepover with their friends.|
|27||"Stop Making Sense."||August 26, 1995|
|Rondo has the flu, so Allegra cheers him up.|
|28||"Spring is Here!"||September 26, 1995|
|It is spring and the kids go on a scavenger hunt.|
|29||"Best Friend Blues"||October 25, 1995|
|Allegra feels like three's a crowd.|
|30||"Beautiful Dreamers"||October 30, 1995|
|Allegra and the kids discuss about their dreams.|
|31||"Strange Vet Follows"||November 6, 1995|
|Allegra goes to the doctor to get a shot.|
|32||"Clean-up Kids"||November 13, 1995|
|The kids clean up by making a fun game to do the job.|
|33||"Mitten Weather"||November 20, 1995|
|Everyone is preparing for the Falling Leaf Festival.|
|34||"Poco's 2 1/2 Birthday"||November 22, 1995|
|Poco is celebrating his birthday. However, Poco did not invite Riff, who thought the idea of a half-birthday was silly.|
|35||"Doodlehead"||November 24, 1995|
|Allegra is tired of her doodly hair.|
|36||"Brother for Sale"||November 26, 1995|
|After arguing with Rondo, Allegra doesn't want Rondo anymore as a brother.|
|37||"Quacky Quack"||December 1, 1995|
|Allegra imitates one of her favorite storybook characters, a duck.|
|38||"The Wishing Stone"||December 25, 1995|
|Allegra finds a magic stone and wishes for things.|
|39||"I Made It Myself"||April 20, 1996|
|Riff and Rondo make a telephone out of a string and cups all by themselves.|
|40||"Play It Again Allegra"||April 21, 1996|
|Allegra wants to be great at the piano during her lessons.|
Season 3: 1996
|#||Title||Original air date|
|41||"Nest Sweet Nest"||April 22, 1996|
|Allegra helps a baby hummingbird after it fell out of its nest|
|42||"Pony, No Baloney"||April 23, 1996|
|Lindi believes she saw a Pony, but everyone doesn't believe her|
|43||"Bubble Trouble"||April 24, 1996|
|Allegra convinces Lindi that baths are fun|
|44||"Have Your Cakes"||April 25, 1996|
|Grandma could be late for Allegra's birthday party|
|45||"A Hero's Tail"||April 26, 1996|
|Allegra helps Riff out with an embarrassing situation|
|46||"Make It Special"||April 27, 1996|
|Allegra helps clean up Rondo's old bike|
|47||"Fun House"||April 28, 1996|
|On a rainy day, the kids make a fun house|
|48||"A Tangled Web"||April 29, 1996|
|Allegra loses her mother's sparkling ring.|
|49||"Sticky Situation"||April 30, 1996|
|Allegra is stuck in her room, literally!|
|50||"Mr. Cook's Christmas"||May 1, 1996|
|Mr. Cook celebrates Christmas and makes preparations.|
- Allegra's Window: Allegra's Christmas (26 mins,1996)
- Allegra's Window: Play Along With Allegra & Friends (29 mins,1997)
- Allegra's Window: Small Is Beautiful (26 mins,1995)
- Allegra's Window: Sing Along With Allegra & Lindi (28 mins,1998)
- Allegra's Window: Adventures in Hummingbird Alley (28 mins,1996)
- Allegra's Window: Storytime Singalong (31 mins,1996)
- Allegra's Window: Waiting for Grandma (29 mins,1995)