Allen Cunningham at the 2007 World Series of Poker
|Born||March 28, 1977|
|World Series of Poker|
Main Event finish
|World Poker Tour|
|Information accurate as of 6 June 2013.|
Cunningham studied civil engineering at UCLA before dropping out of school to play poker professionally. At the age of 18, he began playing at in Indian casinos. Previously a Full Tilt sponsored pro, he became a full member of Team Full Tilt in October 2006.
Cunningham earned the title 2005 ESPN/Toyota Player of the Year and came close to winning it again in 2006. He was also voted by fellow professional poker players the Best All Around Player under 35.
Cunningham's single largest tournament payout occurred at the 2006 World Series of Poker when he finished in fourth place in the Main Event, earning $3,628,513. Frequently during the tournament, when other players tried to take on Cunningham, ESPN's Norman Chad would respond with comments such as: "What are they thinking of? This is Allen Cunningham!"
Cunningham joined a short list of players who have won a World Series of Poker Bracelet in three consecutive years after winning his fifth bracelet in 2007. Others to accomplish this include Johnny Moss, Bill Boyd, Doyle Brunson, Gary Berland and Erik Seidel.
Cunningham won the $300,000 'Mega Match' on Poker After Dark that aired the week of October 8, 2007. On December 7, 2007, Cunningham won the 15,000 buy-in inaugural National Poker League Vegas Open Championship Main Event after defeating David Singer during heads-up play, winning over $325,000.
On May 1, 2008, Cunningham won the 2008 World Series of Poker Circuit event at Caesars Palace, Las Vegas, earning $499,162. In the 2008 World Series of Poker Cunningham made another deep run in the Main Event, finishing 117th place out of 6844 players, earning $41,816.
As of 2011, his total live tournament winnings exceed $11,200,000, tenth on the all time winnings list, behind Jamie Gold, Daniel Negreanu, Phil Hellmuth, Joe Hachem, Scotty Nguyen, Peter Eastgate, Antonio Esfandiari, Sam Trickett, John Juanda and Phil Ivey. As of 2010, his 44 cashes including his five bracelets have netted him $6,858,680 in WSOP earnings.
He resides in Las Vegas with girlfriend Melissa Hayden and their dog, Muffin.
|2001||$5,000 Seven-card stud||$201,760|
|2002||$5,000 Deuce to Seven Draw||$160,200|
|2005||$1,500 No Limit Hold 'em||$725,405|
|2006||$1,000 No Limit Hold'em/w Rebuys||$625,830|
|2007||$5,000 Pot Limit Hold'em||$487,287|
- "Allen Cunningham Wins National Poker League (NPL) Vegas Open Championship". PokerPages.com. 2007-12-07. Archived from the original on 8 December 2007. Retrieved 2007-12-07.
- Hartness, John 'Falstaff' (2008-05-02). "WSOP-C Caesars Las Vegas: Allen Cunningham Takes Ring". PokerNews.com. Archived from the original on 3 May 2008. Retrieved 2008-05-02.
- Butt, Robert. "Allen Cunningham Tournament Results". The Hendon Mob. Archived from the original on 4 November 2007. Retrieved 2007-12-07.
- Butt, Robert. "All Time Money List - Top 1000". TheHendonMob.com. Archived from the original on 17 May 2008. Retrieved 2008-05-02.
- World Series of Poker Earnings, www.worldseriesofpoker.com