Allen H. Greenfield
||This biographical article needs additional citations for verification. (June 2013)|
Allen H. Greenfield (born 1946), also known by his ecclesiastical name Tau Sir Hasirim, is an American occultist and writer, and former bishop of the Gnostic Catholic Church who lives in Atlanta, Georgia.
Greenfield was elected and consecrated a Bishop by the Holy Synod of the Neopythagorean Gnostic Church in 1986. In 1987 he was ordained bishop within the Gnostic Catholic Church and was consecrated in New York in November 1988. His episcopal title "Tau" is sometimes abbreviated as "T" and prefixed to his legal name, and thus he may also be referred to as T Allen Greenfield. A former editor of the Eulis Lodge journal LAShTAL, Greenfield has more recently become a critic of the Order's upper management. In February 2006, he called for their resignation and stepped down from all managerial duties in protest, issuing a strong criticism of the current Outer Head of the Order, William Breeze.
A past (elected) member of the Society for Psychical Research and the National Investigations Committee on Aerial Phenomena (from 1960), he has won "UFOlogist of the Year Award" of the National UFO Conference twice (1972 and 1992).
His book Secret Cipher of the UFOnauts ("a very strange book, even for the field of UFOlogy") discusses UFOs in terms derived from Carl Jung, according to Robert Anton Wilson. His The Story of the Hermetic Brotherhood of Light includes discussion of the Hermetic Brotherhood of Light vs. Helena Blavatsky's Brotherhood of Luxor but is, according to a reviewer in Aries, to be used "with care". His book The Compleat Rite of Memphis is a comprehensive history of an Egyptian Rite of Freemasonry, and he edited an authorized, annotated edition of the work Liber Thirty-One by Charles Stansfeld Jones.
- Silver Bridge, by Gray Barker, introduction by Allen Greenfield. Saucerian Books, 1970. Library of Congress Catalogue Number 70-119512.
- Saucers and Saucerers. PANP Press, 1975.
- Secret Cipher of the UFOnauts. Illuminet Press, 1994; Revised Edition Manutius Press, 2005. ISBN 1-4116-6759-X
- The Story of the Hermetic Brotherhood of Light. Looking Glass Press, 1997. ISBN 91-88708-03-9
- The Compleat Rite of Memphis. Luxor Press, 1998. ISBN 1-891948-01-6
- Liber Thirty-One (The Authorized Edition by C.S. Jones (Frater Achad); edited and annotated by T Allen Greenfield. Luxor Press, 1998. ISBN 1-891948-00-8
- The Book of Lies: The Disinformation Guide to Magick and the Occult. Edited by Richard Metzger; Allen Greenfield, contributor. Disinformation Books, 2003. ISBN 0-9713942-7-X
- Secret Rituals of the Men in Black. Manutius Press, 2005. ISBN 1-4116-6764-6
- The Roots of Modern Magick: Glimpses of the Authentic Tradition from 1700-2000, An Anthology. Revised edition, Manutius Press, 2006. ISBN 978-1-4116-8978-7
- Michael Bertiaux - consecrated Greenfield as Bishop
- "Mysterious America: Interview with Allen H. Greenfield". Archived from the original on 2007-12-19. Retrieved 2008-02-06.
- Greenfield, T. Allen (2006). A Statement Regarding the Ordo Templi Orientis
- Wilson, Robert A. (2009). Everything is Under Control. HarperCollins. p. 412. ISBN 9780061984310.
- French, Brendan (2007). "Blavatsky, Dostoevskii, and Occult Starchestvo". Aries 7: 161–84. doi:10.1163/157005907X202345.
- Assembly of the Knowledge & Wisdom of Solomon
- Book Review: Secret Cipher of the UFOnauts in Saucer Smear, Volume 42, No. 1, January 5, 1995.
- Reviews: "Secret Cipher of The UFOnauts by Allen H. Greenfield" in Nexus New Times Magazine, Vol. 2, No. 24, Feb-March, 1995.
- Secret Cipher of the UFOnauts: Reviewed by Dean James in Journal of Possible Paradigms, Issue 5, Spring 1998.