||This article may require cleanup to meet Wikipedia's quality standards. (August 2011)|
Shellenberger performing with Lit in 2004
|Birth name||Allen Shellenberger|
September 15, 1969|
Long Beach, California, United States
|Died||August 13, 2009
Artesia, California, United States
|Genres||Pop punk, alternative rock|
|Labels||RCA (1998–2002), DRT Entertainment (2003–2005)|
Allen Shellenberger (September 15, 1969 – August 13, 2009) was an American drummer who played in the band Lit.
In 2008, Shellenberger was diagnosed with a malignant glioma brain tumor and immediately underwent clinical trials, chemotherapy and radiation at the Cedars-Sinai Maxine Dunitz Neurosurgical Institute. His treatments were documented in an "ABC World News Tonight" piece that aired in May of that year.
Shellenberger died from the cancer on August 13, 2009, at the age of 39.
Drum set and other gear
Allen Mainly used OCDP (Orange County Drums and Percussion) Throughout his Career. He also used Paiste Cymbals. His Setup Was One Snare, One rack Tom, And a floor tom. His Cymbal setup Was 2 Crash Cymbals, a pair of Hi-Hats, and A Ride Cymbal.
- Tripping the Light Fantastic (1997) (reissued in 1999)
- A Place in the Sun (1999)
- Atomic (2001)
- Lit (2004)
- "Lit Drummer Allen Shellenberger Dead At 39 - Music, Celebrity, Artist News". MTV. 2009-08-14. Retrieved 2011-08-30.
- "Lit Drummer Allen Shellenberger Succumbs to Brain Tumor at 39". Noisecreep. 2009-08-15. Retrieved 2011-08-30.
- Crow, Barred. "MM Vol 2 - 073 - Lit". Crowbarred's Mellow Mixtape. Crowbarred. Retrieved 18 APRIL 2010.