Allenna Leonard is an American cyberneticist, consultant and Director of Team Syntegrity Inc. of Toronto, Canada, internationally, specializing in the application of Stafford Beer's Viable System Model and Syntegration. She was president of the International Society for the Systems Sciences in 2009-2010, and led organization of its 54th annual meeting, in Waterloo, Canada.
She received a B.A. Classic liberal arts curriculum from the St. John’s College in Annapolis, Maryland, a M.A. in Higher Education Administration from the George Washington University in Washington D.C. and a Ph.D. from the University of Maryland, College Park, in administration with a concentration in cybernetics.
Leonard is consultant under auspices of The Complementary Set, especially applications of the Viable System Model, a part-time University Teacher, Licensee T.S.I. and a representative of Cwarel Isaf Institute. Currently she is Director of Team Syntegrity Inc. of Toronto, Canada. She was President of the American Society for Cybernetics from 2002 to 2004, and was elected President for 2009-2010 of the International Society for the Systems Sciences.
Allenna Leonard has been Stafford Beer’s partner in life and in work from 1981 until his death in 2002. She states on her web page that she is committed to continuing to use and publicize his work, and that her special interest is using Syntegration as a forum for democratic dialogue, especially on issues of public importance.
- — (1994). Roger Harnden, ed. How many grapes went into the wine : Stafford Beer on the art and science of holistic management. New York: Wiley.
- with Stafford Beer (2001). The Systems Perspective: Methods And Models For The Future.
- with Angela Espinosa (2006). Cybernetics and Public Administration.
Articles and papers, a selection:
- — (2004) . "Coming Concepts: The Cybernetic Glossary for new management".
- with Beer, Stafford (1994). "The Systems Perspective: Methods and Models for the Future". AC/UNU Project. CiteSeerX: 10.1.1.20.9436.
- — (August 1999). "A Viable System Model: Consideration of Knowledge Management". Journal of Knowledge Management Practice.
- — (2002). "After the cataclysm: a systems analysis". openDemocracy Ltd.
- — (2003). "Mirror reflections: fundamentalism and the market economy". openDemocracy Ltd.
- — (October 2006). "A comparison of the Viable System Model and Seven Models of Risk with the effects of the Sarbanes-Oxley legislation". Journal of Organisational Transformation and Social Change 3 (1).
- — (2007). "Clues from a clownfish: ten ideas for a better world". openDemocracy Ltd.
- ABOUT THE ASC OFFICERS. American Society for Cybernetics. 2008.
- Past Presidents of the ISSS
- Leonard's personal web page at Staffordian Syntegration. Accessed 31 Oct 2008.
- Board of Directors at isss.org. Accessed 3 Nov 2008.