Alliance of Independent Democrats in Europe
|This article relies on references to primary sources. (February 2008)|
|Alliance of Independent Democrats in Europe|
|President||Patrick Louis MEP|
|Founded||October 28, 2005|
|Dissolved||December 30, 2008, defunded 2 February 2009|
|Headquarters||34, rue Pasteur, 69007 Lyon|
|European Parliament group||Independence and Democracy|
|Politics of the European Union
The Alliance of Independent Democrats in Europe (AIDE) (Alliance des Démocrates Indépendants en Europe (ADIE) in French) was a political party at European level.
AIDE was created on 28 October 2005 in the Rhône prefecture. Its stated purpose was to "to gather political movements, and elected members of the national and regional assemblies of the Member States of the European Union, that adhere to the policy defined in its charter."
AIDE described itself as the centre-right faction of the eurosceptic IND/DEM group, with the EUDemocrats, the United Kingdom Independence Party and the European Christian Political Movement comprising the other factions of that group.
As of January 2007, the group operated a limited French-language website. The group's website implied the existence of British, Czech, French, Greek, Irish, Italian and Polish delegations and identified Movement for France (MpF) MEP Patrick Louis as the president of AIDE. By February 2009, the ADIE website had devolved from providing original content to simply redisplaying feeds from the www.observatoiredeleurope.com website associated with the Independence/Democracy group
- Czech Republic
- Independent Democrats (Czech: Nezávislí demokraté)
- Movement for France (French: Mouvement pour la France)
- Popular Orthodox Rally (Greek: Λαϊκός Ορθόδοξος Συναγερμός)
- Urszula Krupa MEP and Witold Tomczak MEP (an apparent faction of the League of Polish Families)
- United Kingdom
- Jim Allister MEP (an Non Attached MEP from the Traditional Unionist Voice, formerly representing the Democratic Unionist Party and then an independent).
- Entry in "Les Journaux Officiels : le plus court chemin entre la loi et vous"
- "Critères de reconnaissance d’un parti politique européen", MCSInfo, Robert Schuman University, Strasbourg
- "Libertas bid for funding comes a cropper", European Voice, 03.02.2009
- "Parliament says 'Yes' then 'No' to funding for Libertas", European Voice, 05.02.2009