|Studio album by Lou Donaldson|
|Recorded||April 7, 1967
Van Gelder Studio, Englewood Cliffs
|Lou Donaldson chronology|
The success of the title track surprised Donaldson: "[W]e made the date and we were three minutes short. I said we don't have no more material. And the guy said just play anything for three minutes so we can fill out the time. So I just made the riff and naturally the guys could follow it. That's the only damn thing that sold on the record."
- All compositions by Lou Donaldson except as indicated
- "Alligator Boogaloo" - 6:57
- "One Cylinder" (Freddie McCoy) - 6:48
- "The Thang" - 3:34
- "Aw Shucks!" (Lonnie Smith) - 7:23
- "Rev. Moses" - 6:27
- "I Want a Little Girl" (Murray Mencher, Billy Moll) - 4:29
- Lou Donaldson - alto saxophone
- Melvin Lastie - cornet (#1-5)
- Lonnie Smith - organ
- George Benson - guitar
- Leo Morris - drums
- Lou Donaldson discography accessed December 8, 2009.
- Donaldson, Lou (2009) (Transcript). Let's Cool One. "Before & After" with Larry Appelbaum. Portland Jazz Festival. https://larryappelbaum.wordpress.com/2011/05/23/before-after-lou-donaldson/.
- Allmusic Review
- Campbell, A. Allmusic Review accessed December 11, 2009.