AllMusic's logotype and logo (since July 2013)
|Slogan||Music search, recommendations, videos and reviews|
Type of site
|Online database for music albums, artists and songs; including reviews and biographies|
|Owner||All Media Network, LLC (since August 2013)|
|Created by||Michael Erlewine|
|2,490 (April 2014[update])|
AllMusic was launched in 1991 by All Media Guide (later became All Media Network). The aim was to "...[compile] discographic information on every artist who's made a record since Enrico Caruso gave the industry its first big boost...". Its first reference book was published the following year.
The AMG consumer web properties AllMusic.com, AllMovie.com and AllGame.com were sold by Rovi in July 2013 to All Media Network, LLC. All Media Network, LLC. was formed by the original founders of SideReel.com and Ackrell Capital. Rovi retained ownership and maintenance of the content itself.
Services and products
The content was initially published in book form in 1991 as the All Music Guide, and is now freely available to the public for online reference and information as well as available via licensing for point-of-sale systems, media players, and online music stores.
All Media Network also produce the AllMusic guide series that includes the All Music Guide to Jazz and the All Music Guide to the Blues. Vladimir Bogdanov is the president of the series.
- "Allmusic.com Site Info". Alexa Internet. Retrieved April 1, 2014.
- "AllMusic FAQ". All Media Network, LLC. Retrieved March 29, 2014.
©2014 AllMusic, a division of All Media Network, LLC
- "AllMusic". Retrieved July 20, 2012.
- Wolf, Gary (February 1994). "All Music". http://www.wired.com. Wired. Retrieved February 27, 2014.
- "Macrovision Corporation, acquired All Media Guide Holdings, Inc.". Mandasoft. December 17, 2007. Retrieved June 18, 2012.
- Bruno, Anthony (February 28, 2011). "AllMusic.com Folding Into AllRovi.com for One-Stop Entertainment Shop". Billboard. Retrieved June 15, 2013.
- "Rovi Corporation Reports Second Quarter 2013 Financial Performance Announces Agreements to Sell Rovi Entertainment Store and Consumer Website Businesses". Rovi. July 21, 2013. Retrieved October 18, 2013.
- "Digital Entertainment Veterans Launch ‘All Media Network’ to Perfect Digital Media Discovery". BusinessWire. December 3, 2013. Retrieved December 3, 2013.
Metrowas invoked but never defined (see the help page).
Cite error: The named reference
- Heater, Brian (August 13, 2007). "Top 100 Classic Websites – AllMusic – Slideshow from pcmag.com". PCmag.com. Retrieved September 24, 2013.