|Type of site||Online Video Cataloguing|
|Available language(s)||English, German and Spanish|
|Owner||All You See Ltd. & Co. KG|
|Created by||Sebastian Fink|
|Current status||Online (Live)|
Alluc.org (pronounced: "all-you-see") is a user-generated link-sharing-website that catalogues links to TV shows, movies, music videos, sport, anime and cartoons. Alluc does not host any content itself. Alluc.org also does not contain any download links, all are links to streaming video sharing websites. Users provide the links in the right category and they are released to the site after having been checked by the administrators. Video hosting sites that are linked to Alluc include YouTube, Dailymotion, and Veoh, amongst others.
Alluc.org started out as a quest to collect all episodes hosted on popular video hosting websites and to categorise them in one place, thus Allfg.org (standing for: All Family Guy) was founded. Set up in September 2006 by its three German owners, Allfg.org's popularity grew. On this first site the content was not yet automatically submittable. Public awareness of the site was apparently spread by word of mouth. (cfr. related articles)
On October 23, 2006, a forum was set up, where the system of submitting links by the users was improved. In Mid-October, the official Alluc.org website launched. This site was a big improvement because the links were directly submittable and dead links could be reported when logged in. A logo competition was started December 29, 2006 and spawned massive response from the site visitors. The logo was chosen through a democratic voting system by all visitors.
Several automated scripts were developed to aid in the detection of 'false links' and redundant copies of links. These scripts are activated periodically to effectively clean the database.
The popularity of the site has spawned other similar sites, such as TV Links (which was shut down by a legal challenge in August 2007 and is still offline until further notice).
2013 has seen Alluc jump from 6,046th to 5,027th, As of July 2012, Alluc is currently ranked (concerning traffic) 6,046th according to alexa.com and is ranked in the top 1000 of sites in Ireland and United Kingdom. From 2008 onwards, the site has seen a large drop in reach and daily page views.
The legality of this site can be compared to BitTorrent indexing sites like The Pirate Bay or the original Napster program, in that the site did not actually host the files, but only provided links to the files which are hosted on external sites.
- "Internet Corner: Allfg.org – Feature". Media.www.dailyorange.com. Retrieved September 18, 2011.
- "Allfg Provides Links to TV Shows and Movies to Watch on the Web | Video on the Web". Xeep.net. Retrieved September 18, 2011.
- "Allfg Provides Links to TV Shows and Movies to Watch on the Web » Propeller". Tech.netscape.com. Retrieved September 18, 2011.
- "Blog Archive » Want to watch your favorite TV episode…errr…for Free!?". colorfulmoment.com. Retrieved September 18, 2011.
- "(Video featuring allfg.org/ alluc.org)". Metacafe.com. Retrieved September 18, 2011.
- Onlinetv: Online TV and Movies Websites
- "No TiVo? No Problem. Welcome to the Age of TV Without TV. – The Student Life". Tsl.pomona.edu. Retrieved September 18, 2011.
- "AllUC org-asmic tv shows, movies, and music videos! – Blog – Tom Wilson". Tommwilson.com. Retrieved September 18, 2011.
- "Alexa traffic details for Alluc.org and Allfg.org". Alexa. Retrieved 2007-05-29.
- kwantlenchronicle, Patricia Matos,Hardest pirate to bust: Internet February 28, 2007