Alma Jadallah Alma Abdul-Hadi Jadallah is an internationally known specialist in conflict resolution.
National and international conflict resolution practitioner and scholar with more than a decade of experience in education, research, monitoring and evaluation, training and development, peace building and capacity building, women’s empowerment, gender mainstreaming and diversity strategy.
Women’s Empowerment and Gender Mainstreaming:
Led mission critical initiatives addressing women’s empowerment and gender mainstreaming strategies on the national and international levels. Efforts include multi stakeholder interventions on women’s leadership development, coaching, mentoring, monitoring and evaluation, diversity and inclusion strategies.
- Led and implemented diversity strategies pertaining to gender mainstreaming and the promotion of women’s leadership in the workplace to include: Consultative and coaching on system wide approaches to assess organizational readiness, and process adaptation to promote women’s leadership in organizational and community settings; Implemented effective gender focused leadership assessment and executive coaching strategies for women leaders.
- Developed evaluative measures and conducted survey and report analysis on gender related issues;
- Shaped, designed and led numerous dialogue projects/programs and strategic planning sessions related to women’s empowerment. Sample projects include multi-stakeholder meetings pertaining to women’s financial education, political empowerment, and leadership development with sensitivity to socio-political as well as cultural context.
- Co-directed corporate-wide re-definition of leadership behaviors resulting in significant change to performance evaluation and leadership criteria.
- Educator at lead academic institutions and published on women’s empowerment and equality, particularly as it pertains to negotiation processes in protracted conflicts, and third party roles;
- Designed culturally sensitive approaches with consideration to the transfer, adaptation and translation of North American and Western models in non-Western context;
- Public speaking engagements to civil society women leaders hosted by lead academic institutions such as American University Women and Politics Institute, Meridian Corporation, Harvard University, Rutgers University, and George Mason University;
- Board leadership of women advocacy organizations working on peace and conflict resolution efforts: Partners for Peace, George Mason University Women’s Center, 3 D Security Initiatives, Karamah: Muslim Women for Human Rights.
Recipient of several women leadership awards
- 2009 WBE Business Star for the Women Presidents' Educational Organization-DC. 2008
- 2008 Washington, D. C. Region Woman Business Enterprise of the Year,
award conferred by the Woman Presidents Education Organization (WPEO)
- 2007 Top 100 Minority Business Award, awarded by the University of Maryland, The Governor’s Office for Minority Affairs and the Maryland Chamber of Commerce.
- 2005 Freddie Mac Women Interactive Network Award: Women Changing Freddie Mac. Women influencing Freddie Mac.
- Sarasota Herald Tribune: Alma Jadallah, Midwife to Peace
- American University: Profile: Alma Abdul Hadi Jadallah
- American University: Advocates, Academics Chronicle Peacebuilding Efforts at SIS Event
- George Mason University: School for Conflict Analysis and Resolution, Advisory Board Member and Adjunct Faculty
- Al-Hewar Center: Alma Jadallah and Amr Abdullah Explore Ties Between Culture and Conflict