Alma mater (disambiguation)
|Look up alma mater in Wiktionary, the free dictionary.|
Alma mater is Latin for "nourishing mother". In many modern languages it is principally heard as a term of academia. It may also refer to the school or college from which an individual has graduated or which they have attended.
Alma mater may also refer to:
- Alma mater (song), the official song or anthem of a school, college, or university
- Alma Mater (Illinois sculpture), a sculpture on Green Street and Wright Street in the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign in the United States
- Alma Mater (New York sculpture), a sculpture in the Columbia University campus center in New York City, New York, USA
- Alma Mater Europaea, an international university founded by the European Academy of Sciences and Arts, with headquarters in Salzburg, Austria.
- Alma Mater Society of the University of British Columbia, the complete student government of the University of British Columbia, Vancouver, Canada
- Alma Mater Society of Queen's University, the central undergraduate student government of Queen's University in Kingston, Ontario, Canada
- Alma Mater (Dartmouth College), the official school song of Dartmouth College, New Hampshire, USA
- University of Pittsburgh Alma Mater, an official song of the University of Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, USA
- "Hail Alma Mater", a formal school song of McGill University, Montreal, Quebec, Canada, and the informal title of "Marquette University Anthem," a formal school song of Marquette University, Wisconsin, USA
- Alma Mater Studiorum ("Nourishing mother of studies"), the name of the University of Bologna, Italy
- Alma Mater, an academic publication produced by Jagiellonian University, Kraków, Poland
- Alma mater (Papal bull), the title of a Papal bull issued by Pope Clement V on April 4, 1310
- Alma Mater (Munch painting), a painting in a 1909-16 series by Edvard Munch for the of the University of Oslo
- Alma Mater (play), a 1971 BBC Play for Today
- Alma Mater (film), a 2002 American film directed by Hans Canosa
- "Chuck Versus the Alma Mater", season 1, 2007 episode 7 of the television series, Chuck
- "Alma Mater", a song on the 1972 album School's Out by Alice Cooper
- "Alma Mater", a song on B-side of the 1972 single Saturday in the Park by Chicago
- "Alma Mater" ("Альма-матер"), a 1991 Russian song by Victor Berkovsky
- "Alma Mater", a song on the 1995 Portuguese album Wolfheart by Moonspell
- "Alma Matters", a 1997 single by Morrissey
- Alma Mater, a 2000 Portuguese album and song by Rodrigo Leão
- Underdog Alma Mater, the 2008 debut album by pop-rock band Forever The Sickest Kids
- Alma Mater (album), a 2009 album of modern classical music featuring prayers recited and sung by Pope Benedict XVI
- "Alma Mater", Italian darkwave band of 1990s.
|This disambiguation page lists articles associated with the title Alma mater.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.