Almere Muziekwijk railway station
|Opened||30 May 1987|
Location within Randstad
Almere Muziekwijk is a railway station which lies in Almere, in the Netherlands. It is located approximately 20 km southeast of Amsterdam. It is on the Weesp–Lelystad railway. The station is on the newest polder in the Netherlands, the Flevopolder which is in the region Flevoland. The station was opened in 1987 when the line Weesp - Lelystad Centrum was built. In 1987 Almere Centrum and Almere Buiten stations also opened before the Almere Buiten - Lelystad section was completed in 1988.
Almere has become a commuter city for Amsterdam. The first house was built in 1976 and on 7 July 2008, it was recorded that there were 184 405 citizens living in Almere. The station lies in the centre of the 'Muziekwijk' the Music Estate.
Almere Muziekwijk is served by the following services:
- 2x per hour local service (sprinter) Hoofddorp - Schiphol - Duivendrecht - Almere Oostvaarders
- 2x per hour local service (sprinter) Amsterdam - Weesp - Almere - Lelystad - Zwolle
- 2x per hour local service (sprinter) Utrecht - Hilversum - Almere Oostvaarders
- 4 Almere Centrum - Muziekwijk - Literatuurwijk - Homerus - Almere Poort
- 7 Sallandsekant - Tussen de Vaarten - Station Parkwijk - Filmwijk - Station Centrum - Muziekwijk Noord - Station Muziekwijk
- 14 Almere Centrum - Muziekwijk - Literatuurwijk - Almere Poort
- 215 Almere Buiten - Almere Stad - Muiden - Amstelveen - Schiphol Oost
- N13 Station Centrum -> 't Oor -> Haven -> 't Oor -> Gooisekant -> Station Muziekwijk -> Muziekwijk Noord -> Station Centrum