December 19, 1964 |
Haifa , Israel
|Occupation||CEO , Babylon Ltd|
|Spouse(s)||Nurit Lanir Carmeli|
Alon Carmeli (born December 19, 1964) is an Israeli businessman, best known as the CEO of Babylon, which is traded on the TASE. In 2012 Calcalist financial news site ranked Alon Carmeli as one of Israel's 50 best CEOs.
Alon Carmeli spent his formative years in Haifa, Israel. Carmeli is the son of Amos Carmeli, a Sokolov Award (2000) winning, journalist and Tamar Carmeli an international medalist who has participated in lawn bowls, paralympics, international championships and tournaments for the blind. Carmeli attended Hebrew Reali School of Haifa. He holds an Executive MBA from the Tel Aviv University Tel Aviv, Israel where he graduated with honors receiving a BBus the Business College, Tel Aviv.
- "Babylon LTD". Tel Aviv Stock Exchange. Retrieved 22 September 2014.
- מוסף מנהלים: מקומות 30-21 (in Hebrew). Calcalist. 25 December 2012. Retrieved 22 September 2014.
- "Alon Carmeli, CEO, Babylon". MIT Enterprise Forum Israel. Archived from the original on 28 December 2012. Retrieved 18 July 2012.
- "Alon Carmeli - About Me". dldtelaviv.com. 2012. Archived from the original on 1 June 2013. Retrieved 1 January 2013.
- Scheer, Steven (8 January 2013). "Israel's Babylon eyes revenue boost from free translations". Reuters. Retrieved 22 September 2014.
- Solomon, Shoshanna (11 December 2011). "Israel’s Babylon Says Arab World to Boost Sales of Translation Software". Bloomberg News. Retrieved 22 September 2014.
- Amit, Noam (12 July 2008). בבילון בדרך לכבוש את העולם (in Hebrew). mako.co.il. Retrieved 22 September 2014.