Alone Across the Pacific
|Alone on the Pacific|
|Directed by||Kon Ichikawa|
Akira Nakai (producer)
|Written by||Kenichi Horie (story and book)
Natto Wada (writer)
|Edited by||Masanori Tsujii|
|Running time||97 minutes|
The film is based on the book Alone on the Pacific (USA title) (Kodoku) and 1962 first solo voyage across the Pacific by Kenichi Horie.
Yujiro Ishihara is a young yachtsman who impulsively decides to sail across the pacific to San Francisco. On the way he encounters a ship with American passengers. He talks to them in broken English and realises that he does not have a passport. On landing in San Francisco, he receives a hero's welcome, but is scolded by the Japanese consulate.
- Yujiro Ishihara as The Youth
- Masayuki Mori as Youth's Father
- Kinuyo Tanaka as Youth's Mother
- Ruriko Asaoka as Youth's Sister
- Hajime Hana as Youth's Friend
- Gannosuke Ashiya
- Kojiro Kusanagi
- Shirō Osaka
- "Festival de Cannes: Alone on the Pacific". festival-cannes.com. Retrieved 2009-02-28.
|This article related to a Japanese film of the 1960s is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This article about an adventure film is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|