From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Aloo is a South Asian term for potatoes.
It can be found in the name of a number of dishes:
- Aloo gobi, potatoes and cauliflower
- Aloo gosht, potatoes and meat in shorba gravy
- Dum aloo, fried potatoes with gravy
- Saag aloo, fried potatoes with spinach curry
- Aloo mutter, potatoes and peas in tomato gravy
- Aloo pie, a fried pastry filled with potatoes and vegetables
- Aloo posto, potatoes cooked with a paste of poppy seeds
- Aloo paratha, an unleavened bread stuffed with mashed potatoes
- Vindaloo, a spicy curry derived from carne de vinha d'alhos. The dish is sometimes served with potatoes due to the phonetic similarity between Hindi "aloo" (potato) and Portuguese "alhos" (garlic).
|This disambiguation page lists articles associated with the same title.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.