|Official name||Alpaslan-2 Baraji|
|Location||Muş Province, Turkey|
|Opening date||2016 est.|
|Owner(s)||Enerjisa Power Generation Inc.|
|Dam and spillways|
|Type of dam||Embankment, rock-fill with clay-core|
|Height||116 m (381 ft)|
|Length||844 m (2,769 ft)|
|Elevation at crest||1,371 m (4,498 ft)|
|Dam volume||12,450,000 m3 (16,283,985 cu yd)|
|Spillway type||Controlled chute, 6 radial gates|
|Spillway capacity||7,542 m3/s (266,343 cu ft/s)|
|Total capacity||2,431,000,000 m3 (1,970,844 acre·ft)|
|Normal elevation||1,368 m (4,488 ft)|
|Commission date||2016 est.|
|Hydraulic head||93.32 m (306 ft) (rated)|
|Turbines||2 x 110 MW, 2 x 30 MW Francis-type|
|Installed capacity||280 MW|
|Annual generation||606 GWh|
The Alpaslan-2 Dam is an embankment dam currently under construction on the Murat River in Muş Province, Turkey. The dam is located about 32 km (20 mi) north of the provincial capital, Muş. The primary purpose of the dam is hydroelectric power production and irrigation. Its power station will have an installed capacity of 280 MW and the reservoir will help irrigate 78,000 ha (190,000 acres) of land. Enerjisa Power Generation Inc. acquired the license for the power station from Özışık İnsaat & Enerji in April 2011 and Yenigün Construction started excavating the diversion tunnels May 2012. The diversion tunnels are expected to be complete by the end of 2012. In late May 2013 Pöyry was awarded the detailed design of the dam, power station, spillway and switch yard. Enerjisa expects the project to be complete in 2016.
- Alpaslan-1 Dam – sister dam upstream, completed in 2009
- "Question to the Parliament: Alpaslan-1 and Alpaslan-2" (in Turkish). Turkey Grand National Assembly. 7 February 2002. Retrieved 30 May 2013.
- "Alpaslan II Dam and HEPP Turkey". Hidro Dizayn. Retrieved 30 May 2013.
- "280 Million Payment" (in Turkish). Topkan Haber Ajansi. 7 March 2011. Retrieved 30 May 2013.
- "ENERJISA TAKES OVER THE 204 MW ALPASLAN 2 DAM AND HEPP". EnerjisaSA. 19 April 2011. Retrieved 30 May 2013.
- "Alpaslan II Barajı ve HES 1". Yenigun. Retrieved 30 May 2013.
- "Pöyry awarded detailed design services assignment for Alpaslan II dam and hydroelectric power plant, Turkey". Informazione. 28 May 2013. Retrieved 30 May 2013.