|Elevation||4,120 ft (1,260 m)|
|Time zone||Pacific (PST) (UTC-8)|
|• Summer (DST)||PDT (UTC-7)|
Alpha is a former settlement in Nevada County, California. Alpha is located 2 miles (3.2 km) south-southeast of Washington. It is situated at an elevation of 4,120 ft (1,260 m) above sea level. Alpha had a post office during the period of 1855-1862.
The Alpha Hydraulic Diggings were 1 mile (1.6 km) south of the town.
- U.S. Geological Survey Geographic Names Information System: Alpha, California
- Durham, David L. (1998). California's Geographic Names: A Gazetteer of Historic and Modern Names of the State. Quill Driver Books. p. 442. ISBN 9781884995149.
- "Alpha (historical)". calsign.com. Retrieved 2009-05-28.
- Tharp, Don. "Nevada County, California Post Offices and Communities Past and Present". Genealogy Trails. genealogytrails.com. Retrieved 2009-06-01.
- "NO. 628 ALPHA HYDRAULIC DIGGINGS". beachcalifornia.com. Retrieved 2009-05-28.
|This Nevada County, California-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This California ghost town-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|