Jamison from 1897 Purdue yearbook
November 27, 1875|
|Died||April 12, 1962
|Position(s)||Halfback, fullback, quarterback|
|Coaching career (HC unless noted)|
|Head coaching record|
Alpha Pierce Jamison (November 27, 1875 – April 12, 1962) was an American football player and coach of football and basketball. He served as the head football coach at Purdue University from 1898 to 1900, compiling a record of 11–11–1. Jamison was also the head basketball coach at Purdue for two seasons from 1899 to 1901, tallying a mark of 12–1.
Head coaching record
|Purdue Boilermakers (Big Ten Conference) (1898–1900)|
- "Rites Today For Ex-Purdue Athlete", Logansport Press, Saturday, April 14, 1962, Logansport, Indiana, United States Of America
- Thompson, D.E. (1981). Indiana Authors and Their Books, 1967-1980. Wabash College. Retrieved 2014-12-14.
- Leonard, J.W.; Marquis, A.N. (1910). Who's who in America 6. Marquis Who's Who. ISSN 0083-9396. Retrieved 2014-12-14.
- Alpha Jamison at the College Football Data Warehouse
- Alpha Jamison at College Basketball at Sports-Reference.com
|This biographical article relating to an American football coach is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|