Alpine Meadows, California
|— Unincorporated community —|
|Elevation||6,480 ft (1,975 m)|
Alpine Meadows is an unincorporated community in Placer County, California. The community is located on Bear Creek, 5 miles (8.0 km) west of Tahoe City, at an elevation of 6,480 ft (1,980 m).
Alpine Meadows encompasses approximately five square miles and serves a permanent population of approximately 500 residents. This includes four commercial centers, a 30-unit apartment complex, 462 single-family homes, and 130 condominiums.
Alpine Meadows is served by the Alpine Springs County Water District since 1962. Fire services are contracted to the North Tahoe Fire Protection District. The community is governed by Homeowner association rules set by the HOA's in the area, including: Bear Creek HOA, Alpine Meadows Condos, Alpine Manor, and Alpine Place. Due to the fire danger in the area, the Bear Creek Association created a set of mandatory Defensible space (fire control) requirements for all homeowners and vacant land owners inside the Bear Creek HOA to follow. Garbage services are contracted to Tahoe Truckee Sierra Disposal Inc. Electricity is provided by Liberty Energy.
The Alpine Meadows ski resort in the North Lake Tahoe California area, near Squaw Valley. The resort has 11 chairlifts and 2 surface lifts covering 2,400 acres (970 ha) of terrain. Alpine has a vertical drop of 1,800 ft (550 m) with a top elevation of 8,637 ft (2,633 m). Minimal accommodations are available at the resort itself, so most people opt for a hotel at Tahoe City, Squaw Valley, Donner Pass, or Truckee.
- U.S. Geological Survey Geographic Names Information System: Alpine Meadows, California
- Durham, David L. (1998). California's Geographic Names: A Gazetteer of Historic and Modern Names of the State. Quill Driver Books. p. 442. ISBN 9781884995149.
- "Wastewater Services". Alpine Springs County Water District. Retrieved 30 November 2011.
- "History". Alpine Springs County Water District. Retrieved 30 November 2011.
- "Fire Danger for Summer 2008". Bear Creek Association Newsletter. Summer 2008. Retrieved 30 November 2011.
- Wild Wild Winter (DVD). Universal Pictures/The Video Beat. 1966.
- Liberty Energy official website
- Tahoe Truckee Sierra Disposal Inc official website
- North Tahoe Fire Department official website
- Alpine Springs County Water and Sewer District official website
- Bear Creek Homeowners Association official website
- Alpine Meadows Ski Resort official website
- Alpine Meadows GPS/Mapping data and photographs at Trailspotting