From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
(Redirected from Alpine snowboard)
||It has been suggested that this article be merged with Snowboarding. (Discuss) Proposed since September 2014.|
- boards are longer and stiffer, for carving
- boots are hard shell
- bindings are plate, sometimes including suspension plates to provide a layer of isolation between an alpine snowboarder's feet and the board
Equipment also includes a ski helmet, because of the high speeds.
- Snowboarding at the 2010 Winter Olympics – Men's parallel giant slalom
- Snowboarding at the 2010 Winter Olympics – Women's parallel giant slalom
- Chris Klug - The only person to win an Olympic medal after receiving an organ transplantation.
- Karine Ruby - Two time Olympic medallist (Gold in the Giant Slalom in 1998 and silver in the PGS in 2002).