Alpro is a company based in Belgium that markets organic and non-organic, non-genetically modified, soy based food and drink products. It employs about 750 people and has manufacturing plants in Belgium, France, the United Kingdom and the Netherlands.
In 2008 Alpro launched the UK’s first “reduced calorie soya alternative to yogurt” following the introduction of its Soy Light “reduced calorie soya milk” in 2006.
Alpro's revenues are reported to have tripled during the period from 2000 to 2008. Beverages make up two-thirds of Alpro's revenues.
Alpro's chief executive is Bernard Deryckere.
Alpro distributes soya based vegetarian/vegan products under the brands Belsoy, Alpro Soya and Provamel. The Provamel brand is reserved exclusively for organic products (including many organic versions of Alpro Soya products), which are intended for sale only by independent health food retailers. Products include soya milk, soya yogurt, soya cream and soya based desserts.
Alpro also makes yogurt, dessert and meat alternative products.
To demonstrate Alpro’s milk and yogurt alternatives, a year long experiential marketing campaign gave consumers the opportunity to sample the breakfast menu products at various events and shopping centres around the country. Alpro also encourage visitors to have their photo taken at the internet pod on the stand and upload it to Facebook, therefore joining the Alpro Soya Facebook page.
- Heart of the Mata 4 April 2007 The Guardian
- GM Food Survey 2004 June 2005 Food Safety
- Unilever’s spree April 26, 2009 The Sunday Times
- Activity rises as market develops a healthy appetite March 26, 2007 Financial Times
- Alpro expands UK soy milk range with chocolate flavor The Organic & Non-GMO Report
- Dallas News,Dean Foods Expands, Karen Robinson, June 16, 2009[dead link]
- Talking Retail, Jan 15 2008[dead link]
- Reuters, Dean Foods to Buy European Soy Products Business, June 15, 2009
- Alpro website press communique
- "Press | Alpro". Corporate.alpro.com. Retrieved 2013-07-26.
- "Dallas Business Journal, Deans Foods Buys Alpro, July 6, 2009". Bizjournals.com. 2009-07-06. Retrieved 2013-07-26.
- Have your milk December 4, 2005 The Sunday Times
- "Stiftung Warentest, Germany's leading consumer safety group". Google.com. Retrieved 2013-07-26.
- "Alpro Soya Calcium - Test" (in (German)). Testberichte.de. Retrieved 2013-07-26.
- "Alpro Experiential Marketing Results". iD Experiential.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Alpro.|