|This article needs additional citations for verification. (September 2012)|
(Parent: Investor Networks Limited)
AltAssets is a business-to-business company which manages an online financial news website focused on the private equity and venture capital industry. AltAssets was launched in 2001 and is based in London. It was originally owned and operated as a service by private equity advisory firm, Almeida Capital, but was acquired by Investor Networks Limited in March 2013 and re-launched as an independent news and networking platform for the alternative assets industry. It has introduced a premium news service which is used by over 3,000 paying customers (March 2013).
AltAssets focuses on the news and information that is most relevant to Limited Partners (LPs) and General Partners (GPs) who are concerned with fund investment, fundraising, investor relations, marketing and communications. Its news service covers a number of areas within private equity including:
- Transactions - leveraged buyout transactions, mergers and acquisitions, venture capital investments and other deals;
- Private equity firms - news coverage about the activities and operations of the investment firms; and
- Private equity funds - Coverage of fundraising activities and issues pertaining to private equity investors.
- Sectors - venture capital, real estate, infrastructure the private equity secondary market and funds of funds
AltAssets also hosts forums designed to connect LPs and GPs with interest in a particular sector. In addition they launched Limited Partner Magazine in January 2012 to provide news and opinions focussed on the institutional investor perspective of the private equity industry. The magazine is circulated to over 4,400 LPs
AltAssets breaks down their readership based on roles within the private equity industry:
- General partners - 47% (Private equity firms)
- Service Providers - 29% (Advisors, intermediaries, lawyers, etc.)
- Limited partners - 24% (investors in private equity firms)
Competition among publications within the private equity industry has intensified in recent years. Among AltAssets' competitors are PEI Media, The Deal, Buyouts, Private Equity Analyst (published by Dow Jones & Company),PE Week and PE Hub (among other media published by Thomson Reuters) and Real Deals (published by Caspian Publishing) and Unquote and AVCJ published by Incisive Media. Whilst most publishers provide generalist coverage of the private equity industry or focus on transactions, AltAssets claims to focus on the LP-GP relationship.
|This website-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This trade magazine–related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.
See tips for writing articles about magazines. Further suggestions might be found on the article's talk page.
|This private equity or venture capital-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|