|Headquarters||New York, NY, United States|
|United States & Australia & Canada|
|Services||Bicycle sharing system operator|
Motivate (formerly Alta Bicycle Share) (also known as Alta Bike Share and Motivate International Inc.) is a company formerly based in Portland, Oregon, with new headquarters in New York City, that operates bicycle sharing systems in the United States, Canada, and Australia. The systems provide a flexible method for completing short trips, as contrasted with the longer rentals offered by traditional bike rental companies. In October 2014, it was announced that the company had been acquired by Bikeshare Holdings LLC and would be relocating headquarters from Portland, Oregon to New York City under the leadership of Jay Walder.
Current operated systems
Motivate currently operates 10 systems in public-private partnerships with local governments:
- Bike Share Toronto in Toronto
- Capital Bikeshare in Washington, D.C. with service to Washington, D.C., Arlington, VA, Alexandria, VA, and Montgomery County, MD
- Divvy in Chicago
- Hubway in Boston with service to Boston, Brookline, Cambridge, and Somerville 
- Melbourne Bike Share in Melbourne, Australia
- Citi Bike in New York City
- Bike Chattanooga in Chattanooga, TN
- CoGo in Columbus, OH
- Bay Area Bike Share, in the San Francisco Bay Area, California, with regional service to San Francisco, San Jose, Palo Alto, Mountain View and Redwood City.
- Pronto Cycle Share in Seattle, Washington
Motivate-operated systems have used multiple suppliers for bikes, stations, kiosks, and technology across each city including 8D Technologies and Montreal-based Bixi  for equipment and technology and Devinci and Arcade Cycles for bicycles.
Public-private partnerships have been approved with Motivate in:
- Portland, Oregon city council approved a partnership with Motivate to provide their service to the city on December 12, 2012.
- Jersey City, New Jersey council authorized the contract to Motivate to create a bike share program in Jersey City.
- Alta Bike Share
- Chabán, Matt V. (28 October 2014). "New Leader Will Drive Expansion of Citi Bike". The New York Times.
- "Pronto Cycle Share launches Seattle’s bike share program". Alta Bicycle Share. October 13, 2014. Retrieved October 14, 2014.
- Portland Bike Share moves forward with council approval of Alta contract
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Community bicycle programs.|
- Alta Bike Share - company website