Alta Bicycle Share
|Headquarters||Portland, Oregon, United States|
|Area served||United States|
|Services||Bicycle sharing system operator|
Alta Bicycle Share (also known as Alta Bike Share) is a company based in Portland, Oregon, that operates bicycle sharing systems in the United States and Australia. The systems provide a flexible method for completing short trips, as contrasted with the longer rentals offered by traditional bike rental companies.
Alta operates three systems in public-private partnerships with local governments:
Originally planned for summer 2012 but now planned for Spring 2013, Alta will launch Citi Bike in New York City whose 600 stations and 10,000 bikes will make it the largest such program in the United States.
See also 
- Alta Bike Share
- Bike Chattanooga Announces Full System-Wide Launch, by The City of Chattanooga and Alta Bicycle Share, July 24, 2012. Retrieved Jan 21, 2013.
- Portland Bike Share moves forward with council approval of Alta contract
- "Bloomberg: NYC Bike Share Delayed Until Spring".
- New York City Bike Share Program Will Have 10,000 Bikes, 600 Stations, Ecogeek, by Megan Treacy, 14 Sept 2011, Accessed 30 Dec 2011
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to: Community bicycle programs|
- Alta Bike Share - company website