Alta Bicycle Share
|Headquarters||Portland, Oregon, United States|
|Area served||United States|
|Services||Bicycle sharing system operator|
Alta Bicycle Share (also known as Alta Bike Share) is a company based in Portland, Oregon, that operates bicycle sharing systems in the United States and Australia. The systems provide a flexible method for completing short trips, as contrasted with the longer rentals offered by traditional bike rental companies.
Alta operates eight systems in public-private partnerships with local governments:
- Capital Bikeshare in and near Washington, D.C.
- Divvy in Chicago
- Hubway in Boston
- Melbourne Bike Share in Melbourne
- Citi Bike in New York City, launched May 2013, largest in the USA
- Bike Chattanooga in Chattanooga, TN
- CoGo in Columbus, OH
- Bay Area Bike Share, regional service in the San Francisco Bay Area, California, with service in San Francisco, San Jose, Palo Alto, Mountain View and Redwood City.
- Portland, Oregon city council approved a partnership with Alta Bicycle Share to provide their service to the city on December 12, 2012.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Community bicycle programs.|
- Alta Bike Share - company website