Alta Mesa Memorial Park
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Alta Mesa Memorial Park is a non-denominational burial ground located in Palo Alto, California. It was established in 1904 as a 72-acre cemetery. It includes traditional burial plots, a mausoleum and a columbarium.
- Thomas A. Bailey, American historian
- Tennessee Ernie Ford, musician
- Steve Jobs, co-founder of Apple Inc. (grave unmarked)
- Ron "Pigpen" McKernan, keyboardist and founding member of the Grateful Dead
- Kathleen Thompson Norris, American novelist
- David Packard, co-founder of Hewlett-Packard and U.S. Deputy Secretary of Defense
- Herold Ruel, major-league American baseball player
- William Shockley, developed transistor and won Nobel Prize for Physics
- Frederick Emmons Terman, considered (along with Shockley) the father of Silicon Valley 
- Stephen Timoshenko, Professor of Applied Mechanics, Stanford University and namesake of the Timoshenko Medal
- Ray Lyman Wilbur, physician, third president of Stanford University and 31st U.S. Secretary of the Interior (cremated, but not interred here) 
- "Welcome to Alta Mesa Memorial Park, Palo Alto, California". Altamesafuneral.com. Retrieved July 5, 2012.
- "Alta Mesa Memorial Park". Find A Grave. Retrieved October 12, 2011.
- Shan Li (October 11, 2011). "Steve Jobs buried in Alta Mesa among other technologists - latimes.com". latimes.com. Retrieved October 12, 2011.
- "Stephen Timoshenko". Nndb.com. Retrieved October 12, 2011.