From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
|Look up alternating in Wiktionary, the free dictionary.|
Alternating may refer to:
- Alternating form, a function formula in algebra
- Alternating group, the group of even permutations of a finite set
- Alternating series, an infinite series in which the signs of the general terms alternate between positive and negative
- Alternating knot, a knot or link diagram for which the crossings alternate under, over, under, over, as one travels along each component of the link
- Alternating map, the result of alternatization in mathematics
- Alternating operator, a multilinear map in algebra
- Alternating current, a flow of electric charge that periodically reverses direction
- Alternating turns, the process by which people in a conversation decide who is to speak next
|This disambiguation page lists articles associated with the same title.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.