Trentino-Alto Adige/Südtirol wine
The Trentino-Alto Adige/Südtirol area is an autonomous region located in north-east Italy producing wine in the two provinces of Trentino and South Tyrol. This Italian wine region is noted for the distinct German and Austrian influences on the wine industry due to the region's long history under the rule of Austria-Hungary and Holy Roman Empires.
Because of its unique history and location within the southern Alps and Dolomites, the Trentino-Alto Adige/Südtirol grows a wide range of grape varieties that are not usually seen in other parts of Italy. These include Müller-Thurgau, Schiava, Lagrein, Sylvaner, Riesling (known locally as Riesling Renano) and Gewürztraminer (known locally as Traminer Aromatico).
DOC regions 
- Alto Adige/Südtirol DOC- Mainly varietal wines produced by varieties such as Cabernet Sauvignon, Chardonnay, Lagrein, Malvasia, Merlot, Giallo, Moscato, Pinot bianco, Pinot grigio, Riesling Italico, Müller-Thurgau, Riesling Renano, Sauvignon blanc, Schiava, Sylvaner and Traminer Aromatico.
- Caldaro DOC - Produced from Schiava, Pinot noir and Lagrien.
- Casteller DOC - Produced from Schiava, Merlot and Lambrusco.
- Colli di Bolzano DOC - Produced from Schiava, Lagrien and Pinot noir.
- Meranese DOC - Produced from Schiava.
- Santa Maddalena DOC - Produced from Schiava, Lagrien and Pinot noir.
- Sorni DOC - Produced from Schiava, Teroldego, Lagrien, Nosiola, Müller-Thurgau, Sylvaner and Pinot bianco.
- Terlano DOC - Produced from Pinot bianco, Chardonnay, Rieslin Italico, Riesling Renano, Sauvignon blanc, Sylvaner and Müller-Thurgau.
- Teroldego Rotaliano DOC - produced from Teroldego.
- Trentino DOC - Blends and varietal wines produced from Cabernet Sauvignon, Cabernet franc, Merlot, Chardonnay, Pinot blanc, Moscato, Müller-Thurgau, Nosiola, Pinot grigio, Riesling Italico, Riesling Renano, Traminer Aromatico, Lagrein, Marzemino and Pinot noir.
- Trento DOC - Produced from Pinot noir, Chardonnay, Pinot blanc and Pinot Meunier.
- Valdadige DOC - Shared with the Veneto wine region. Produced wines from Schiava, Lambrusco, Merlot, Pinot noir, Lagrein, Teroldego, Negrara, Pinot blanc, Pinot grigio, Riesling Italico, Rossignola, Müller-Thurgau, Chardonnay, Bianchetta, Trebbiano, Nosiola, Vernaccia, Sylvaner and Veltliner bianco.
- Valle Isarco DOC - Varietal wines produced from Traminer Aromatico, Pinot grigio, Veltliner bianco, Sylvaner and Müller-Thurgau.
See also 
- Fondazione Edmund Mach, wine academy located in the province of Trento