Alto Bío Bío
|Alto Bío Bío|
|Alto Bío Bío||25 August 2003|
|• Alcalde||Félix Vita Manqueti (PPD)|
|• Total||2,124.6 km2 (820.3 sq mi)|
|Elevation||973 m (3,192 ft)|
|Population (2012 Census)|
|• Density||2.9/km2 (7.4/sq mi)|
|Time zone||CLT  (UTC-4)|
|• Summer (DST)||CLST  (UTC-3)|
|Area code(s)||country 56 + city 43|
|Website||Municipality of Alto Bío Bío|
||This article may be expanded with text translated from the corresponding article in the Spanish Wikipedia. (August 2010)|
The commune was created 25 August 2003, separating the southeast portion from the existing Santa Bárbara commune.
According to the 2002 census of the National Statistics Institute, Alto Bío Bío had 7,027 inhabitants; of these, 1,094 (15.6%) lived in urban areas and 5,933 (84.4%) in rural areas. The population grew by 31.2% (1,671 persons) between the 1992 and 2002 censuses.
As a commune, Alto Bío Bío is a third-level administrative division of Chile administered by a municipal council, headed by an alcalde who is directly elected every four years. The 2008-2012 alcalde is Félix Vita Manqueti (PPD).
Within the electoral divisions of Chile, Alto Bío Bío is represented in the Chamber of Deputies by Juan Lobos (UDI) and José Pérez (PRSD) as part of the 47th electoral district, (together with Los Ángeles, Tucapel, Antuco, Quilleco, Santa Bárbara, Quilaco, Mulchén, Negrete, Nacimiento, San Rosendo and Laja). The commune is represented in the Senate by Victor Pérez Varela (UDI) and Mariano Ruiz -Esquide Jara (PDC) as part of the 13th senatorial constituency (Bío Bío-Coast).
- (Spanish) "Asociación Chilena de Municipalidades".
- (Spanish) "National Statistics Institute". Archived from the original on 15 July 2010. Retrieved 28 July 2010.
- "Territorial division of Chile" (PDF). Archived from the original on 14 November 2010. Retrieved 4 November 2010.
- "Chile Time". WorldTimeZones.org. Archived from the original on 13 July 2010. Retrieved 2010-07-28.
- "Chile Summer Time". WorldTimeZones.org. Retrieved 2010-07-28.
- (Spanish) Municipality of Alto Bío Bíoo