|Type||Privately held companies|
|Industry||Software Product Development
|Headquarters||Sunnyvale, California, United States|
|Key people||Renat Khasanshyn (CEO), Andrei Yurkevich (President) |
|Employees||over 200 (Q1, 2012)|
Altoros Systems (also spelled as "Altoros" or "Альторос") is an outsource software development company. Headquartered in Silicon Valley, the company runs offices in U.S., Norway, Denmark, UK, Argentina, Ukraine, and Belarus.
The company actively supports and brings up technology communities in Northern and Eastern Europe by organizing related non-commercial events (such as CloudCamp, user group meetings, hackathons, etc.), participating in IT conferences as a speaker or expert, and running free educational courses.
Altoros was founded in 2001.
In 2007, Altoros also founded Belarus Java User Group, which unites Java developers in Belarus and lists more than 500 Java specialists.
In July, 2008, Altoros became a resident of Belarus High Technologies Park, a business environment for IT companies in Eastern Europe that forces cooperation in IT on the inter-governmental level.
In August, 2011, the company launched free educational Ruby on Rails training course for developers in Eastern Europe.
Since 2008, Altoros has been arranging a variety of conferences and other events for IT specialists in Belarus, featuring Microsoft, Adobe, SUN Microsystems, and Engine Yard representatives as speakers. Altoros's in-house experts also speak at local IT events across both Europe and US very frequently, sharing their experience in big data, cloud computing, cross-platform app development, etc.
Supporting Technology Community
Altoros is a founder of Belarus Java User Group, which unites Java developers in Belarus and lists more than 500 Java specialists. In 2010, Altoros developers co-founded Belarus Ruby on Rails User Group. Altoros is also a partner of Belarus .NET User Group, Belarus Adobe Flash Platform User Group, Belarus Microsoft Certified Professional Club, and Belarus Open Source Lab.
- Silicon Valley og Silkeborg Valley - Midtjyllands Avis, a Danish daily newspaper, publishes an article about Altoros, settled down recently in Silkeborg Valley. (Danish)
- "ISellMobile launches free app" An article in the Mobile Magazine by Noble House Media, the famous UK publisher of mobile magazines, mentions contribution of Altoros to iSellMobile, a free app
- "When Offshoring Goes Bad", An article by Salon (a part of The Associated Press) about outsourcing, mentioning Altoros as an opposite to bad offshoring (2004)
- "Young software exec moves to open source model" Mass High Tech, a business journal in New England, interviews the CEO of Altoros about the history of Apatar and Altoros.
- "TechZulu interviews Renat Khasanshyn of Altoros Systems"(2008)
- High-Tech R&D: Too Vital To Outsource?, Renat Khasanshyn, Altoros's CEO, speaks about the business model of his company in an E-commerce Times article, a resource of ECT News Network
- "$1000 за 24 часа: в Минске проходит хакатон hacby’11 web&mobile" A report from the first hackathon in Belarus, which was organized by Altoros (Russian)
- «Открытые технологии. Материалы 7-й международной конференции Linux Vacation / Eastern Europe 2011», Брест «Альтернатива» 2011, ISBN 978-985-521-251-6: This science publication features Altoros's presentation of Cells.js and interview with its author, who compares the work at Altoros and in Silicon Valley (pp. 6-8, pp.127-130). (Russian)
- Adobe: "3 дня и 6 докладов.", Local IT news resource writes about a 3-day conference held by Adobe and arranged by Altoros. (Russian)
- "В Минске обсудили перспективы Ruby on Rails" A piece of news about a free seminar on Ruby on Rails organized by Altoros(Russian)
- "Altoros предлагает веб-разработчикам бесплатные курсы по Ruby on Rails" TUT.by, the largest news portal in Belarus, writes about the training course for Ruby on Rails developers arranged by Altoros (Russian)
- “Open Source Companies to Watch”, NetworkWorld, one of global IDG’s magazines, describes the intersection between Apatar and Altoros.
- "Meeting the geek behind Apatar" Robert Scoble interviews CEO of Altoros about the community behind Apatar
- "InformationWeek associate editor Elena Malykhina interviews Renat Khasanshyn" InformationWeek interviews CEO of Altoros on the launch of Apatar
- "NHN, Korea's largest Internet company, is interested in establishing cooperation with Belarus' High-Tech Park" National TV and Radio of Belarus about the meeting of NHN Corporation with Altoros and other HTP residents of High-Tech Park
- В Минске прошел первый в Беларуси CloudCamp, TUT.by, the largest news portal in Belarus, reports about the first CloudCamp in Eastern Europe, which was organized by Altoros. (Russian)
- “Официальная презентация Microsoft Silverlight 3.0 в Беларуси”, One of the largest printed IT media in Belarus announces two educational seminars from Microsoft organized by Altoros (Russian)
- “Круглый стол по Java в Минске”, One of the largest printed IT newspaper in Belarus writes about a free seminar on Java organized by Altoros (Russian)