Álvaro Bonilla Lara
Álvaro Bonilla Lara (3 November 1903 - 1988) won the Lichtenstein Medal in 1965. He was a lawyer by profession. Bonilla Lara was a member of the Society of Costa Rica Collectors and an expert on the revenue stamps of Costa Rica. In 1998, his History of the Revenue Stamps of Costa Rica (1870-1970) was updated by Héctor R. Mena and Oscar C. Rohrmoser as the Costa Rica Revenue Stamp Catalogue (ISBN 0964524767).
- "Los sellos de Telegrafos" in Chile Filatelico, No. 170, Junio de 1968, pp. 68-70.
- History of the Revenue Stamps of Costa Rica (1870-1970). Baton Rouge, La. Society of Costa Rica Collectors, 1996. ISBN 0-9645247-3-2
A fuller listing of articles by Bonilla Lara on Costa Rican revenue philately may be found in Riley's Fiscal Philatelic Literature Handbook, June 1997.
- Background notes on The Roll of Distinguished Philatelists September 2011, Roll of Distinguished Philatelists Trust, London, 2011. Archived here.
- Lichtenstein Award. Collectors Club of New York, 2011.
- Alfaro, Fernán Pacheco (2008) History of the Municipal Revenue Stamps of Costa Rica. Fernán Pacheco Alfaro: Santo Tomás de Santo, Costa Rica, p. 2.
- FIAF ASSEMBLIES and their PRESIDENTS 1968 - 2011. FIAF, 16 February 2012. Retrieved 15 March 2012.
- "1967 Congress Honours" in The London Philatelist, Vol. 76, 1967, p. 100.
|This article about a philatelist is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|