|Occupation||Motivational Speaker, radio broadcaster, Musician|
Law was born without arms as a consequence of his mother's use of thalidomide while pregnant. His birth parents put him up for adoption, and he was raised by foster parents Hilda and Jack Law.
Law learned to perform routine activities using his feet alone, including eating, dressing and grooming himself, driving, sewing, playing sports, and playing drums, piano, and trombone. He attended regular elementary and high schools, even though at the time handicapped children were usually placed in institutions or special education programs.
After graduating from college, Law embarked on a successful career in radio broadcasting. He expressed an interest in moving to television, but network executives were unsure of how the public would react to an armless news anchor.
Law began dabbling in motivational speaking in 1981. In 1988 he made this his full-time occupation with the founding of AJL Communications Ltd. He is the subject of two award-winning documentaries, and is the author of a book, Alvin's Laws of Life: 5 Steps To Successfully Overcome Anything. He has also dabbled in acting, his most notable role to date being a preacher in an X-Files episode.
- "Alvin Law's biography". AJL Communications Ltd. 2009. Retrieved 2014-02-26.
- Alvin Law. Alvin's Laws of Life: 5 Steps To Successfully Overcome Anything. ISBN 0-9739450-0-1.
- Lynne Swanson. "Alvin Law: Every Reason to Celebrate Life". Abilities, № 59, pp. 14–15, Summer 2004.
- Alvin, His Best Foot Forward. Television documentary, 1978.
- Broken Promises (later renamed Extraordinary People). Television documentary.