Alvito Nunes was killed by Vikings during a bloody assault to Vermoim Castle, located around Vila Nova de Famalicão.
He is believed to be a descendant of the first family to hold the title, that of Vímara Peres as the son of a Nuno Alvites o Aloytez, probable grandson of Lucídio Vimaranes. He was followed in the family by his son Nuno Alvites who died in 1028.
Marriage and issue
- Nuno Alvites (d. 1028) also known as Nuño Aloytez, married to Ilduara Mendes daughter of count Menendo González, who would rule in her own right after her husband's death.
- Segeredo Alvites, husband of Adosinda Arias and father of Azenda Segerédez, wife of Diego Gutiérrez, parents of Ardio Díaz, whose daughter Urraca Fróilaz was the first wife of count Pedro Fróilaz de Traba.
- Pedro Alvites, documented between 1025 and 1070, abbot at Guimarães.
- Loba Alvites
- In the Chronicon Lusitanum his name is spelled Alvitus Nuniz.
- In 985, Segiredus presbiter, sold his inheritance in Villa Laginosa to Alloyttus and his wife Gudina. Diplomata et Chartae, document CXLIX, p. 93.
- Mattoso, José (1970a). "A nobreza portucalense dos séculos IX a XI". Do tempo e da história (in Portuguese) (Lisboa: Instituto de Alta Cultura, Centro de Estudos Historicos) III: 35–50. OCLC 565153778.
- Mattoso, José (1970b). Centro de Estudos Humanísticos, Faculdade de Letras de Universidade do Porto, ed. As famílias condais portucalenses dos séculos X e XI (in Portuguese). Oporto: Instituto de Alta Cultura. OCLC 427415056.
- Torres Sevilla-Quiñones de León, Margarita Cecilia (1998). "Relaciones fronterizas entre Portugal y León en tiempos de Alfonso VII: el ejemplo de la Casa de Traba". Revista da Faculdade de Letras: História (in Spanish) (Universidade do Porto) (15, 1): 301–312. ISSN 0871-164X.
family of Vímara PeresBorn: ? Died: 1015
|Titles of nobility|
|Count of Portugal
Nuno Alvites with Ilduara Mendes