|Date of birth||1 March 1992|
|Place of birth||Nagpur, Maharashtra, India|
|Height||1.73 m (5 ft 8 in)|
|Playing position||Attacking midfielder|
|2014||→ FC Goa (loan)||2||(0)|
|* Senior club appearances and goals counted for the domestic league only and correct as of 16:28, 23 May 2015 (UTC).
† Appearances (Goals).
Alwyn George is an Indian footballer who plays as an attacking midfielder for Dempo in the I-League. Considered one of the most promising Indian players around, George can also play as a second striker or striker and is prolific in assisting goals.
Alwyn started his football career with the Tata Football Academy in 2008 and won the Junior National Championship with Tata FA in 2008, beating Sporting Goa youth 3–1. After spending four years at Tata, Alwyn signed his first professional contract with Pailan Arrows in the I-League on 11 February 2012. The next day, Alwyn made his debut in the I-League against Dempo in a game in which the Arrows lost 2–0 but with Alwyn putting in a man of the match performance for his team.
Alwyn scored his first goal of the 2012–13 season against ONGC on 1 December 2012 to help Pailan win 4–1. On 6 April 2013, he headed in a cross from the left by Seminlen Doungel on the 74th minute to complete a 2–0 upset of defending champions Dempo at the Tilak Maidan Stadium.
On 26 October 2013 it was confirmed that George has signed for Dempo on loan from IMG Reliance with three other players - Holicharan Narzary, Pronay Halder and Narayan Das. He made his debut for Dempo in the I-League on 1 November 2013 against Mohun Bagan at the Duler Stadium in which he came on as a substitute for Peter Carvalho in the 46th minute as Dempo drew the match 0–0. On 29 April, Alwyn was named best young Indian player of the season for a second year running.
Alwyn was called for India U23 team in June 2012, for the 2013 AFC U-22 Asian Cup qualifiers held from 23 June 2012. He played his first game for under-23 team against Lebanon U23 on 23 June 2012 in the opening group match of AFC U-22 qualification. India U23 won the match 5–2 with Alwyn scoring twice in the 38th and 54th minute. He then scored the only goal for India U23 during the second match AFC U-22 qualification against Iraq U23 on 25 June 2012 as India U23 lost 1–2. George was suspended for India U23's next match against United Arab Emirates U23 due to picking up 2 yellow cards (one against Lebanon U23 and one against Iraq U23). He returned for India U23s match against Turkmenistan U23 on 30 June 2012 and once again he scored in the 67th minute as India U23 won the match 4–1.
|Club||Season||League||Federation Cup||Durand Cup||AFC||Total|
|FC Goa (loan)||2014||2||0||—||—||—||—||—||—||2||0|
|1.||23 June 2012||Sultan Qaboos Sports Complex, Muscat, Oman||Lebanon U23||2–0||5–2||2013 AFC U-22 Asian Cup qualification|
|2.||23 June 2012||Sultan Qaboos Sports Complex, Muscat, Oman||Lebanon U23||3–1||5–2||2013 AFC U-22 Asian Cup qualification|
|3.||25 June 2012||Royal Oman Police Stadium, Muscat, Oman||Iraq U23||1–2||1–2||2013 AFC U-22 Asian Cup qualification|
|4.||30 June 2012||Sultan Qaboos Sports Complex, Muscat, Oman||Turkmenistan U23||2–1||4–1||2013 AFC U-22 Asian Cup qualification|
- Bera, Kaustav. "Pailan Arrows 4–1 ONGC FC: Papas' boys trounce 10-man ONGC with ease". Goal.com. Retrieved 25 December 2012.
- "Arrows players for Dempo". The Times of India. Retrieved 24 November 2013.
- Noronha, Anselm. "Dempo SC 0–0 Mohun Bagan: The Goans were held to a disappointing draw". Goal.com. Retrieved 2 November 2013.
- Kaustav Bera (29 April 2014). "Balwant Singh named Indian Player of the Year and more from the FPAI Indian Football Awards". Goal.com. Retrieved 1 May 2014.
- http://www.the-afc.com/en/u22ac-schedule-results?fixtureid=6328&stageid=242&tMode=C&view=ajax&show=matchsummary India U23 5–2 Lebanon U23 – Match Report
- http://www.the-afc.com/en/u22ac-schedule-results?fixtureid=6331&stageid=242&tMode=C&view=ajax&show=matchsummary India U23 1–2 Iraq U23 – Match Report
- http://www.the-afc.com/en/u22ac-schedule-results?fixtureid=6336&stageid=242&tMode=C&view=ajax&show=matchsummary India U23 4–1 Turkmenistan U23 – Match Report