Alyna (TV series)
|Precious Hearts Romances Presents:
|Created by||Martha Cecilia|
|Directed by||Erik "FM" Reyes
|Opening theme||"Bakit Nga Ba Mahal Kita?" sung by Laarni Lozada|
|Country of origin||Philippines|
|Original language(s)||Filipino, Tagalog, English|
|No. of episodes||105|
|Executive producer(s)||Albert B. Almaden|
|Running time||30-45 minutes|
|Picture format||480i SDTV|
|Original run||September 20, 2010– February 11, 2011|
Alyna is a Philippine romantic-drama TV series aired by ABS-CBN. It is the 13th installment of the Precious Hearts Romances Presents series. The series is based on the pocket book Dominic by Martha Cecilia. It is directed by F.M. Reyes.
The series revolves on Alyna Natividad the main character in the series after being through hardships she will meet Rex Del Carmen who is the impostorous Dominic Del Carmen when she meets the real Dominic the sibling, who has madness and anger opposite Alyna, both will learn to regain love, and fight for family and their dignity.
- Shaina Magdayao as Alyna Natividad - Alyna grew up with no family she could call her own. Following the death of her father, Alyna almost molested by her mother’s live-in partner, not long after she started living with them. Her estranged mother may have saved her from the abuse, but she left Alyna with multiple emotional scars to remind her that she is unwanted and that her beauty, her greatest gift, will cause her downfall.
- Jason Abalos as Dominic Del Carmen - Dominic del Carmen hails from a wealthy clan. He runs a pottery and other businesses. He is often perceived to be strict and righteous because of his unwavering sense of right and wrong, and his unending need to prove himself to his family and to others.
- Kaye Abad as Lilet Cenarosa-Del Carmen - The oldest daughter of Cenarosa clan. She will do everything to get Dominic's love and the cause of Rex and Dominic's rift.
- Sid Lucero as Dexter 'Rex' Del Carmen - Rex comes from an aristocratic clan in the province but opted for the indulgent life in the city. He is not accustomed to hard work because everything he wants comes to him easily—including women. Only one woman attempted to resist his charms, Alyna.
- Francine Prieto as Aida Natividad / Mira Fuentes - Alyna's mother who leaves her in the beginning of the story and falls for another man after losing comfort in Naldo.
- Jao Mapa as Reynaldo "Naldo" Natividad - He is a paraplegic father of Alyna. He raised her in comfort and showed her how much he loved Aida even though he is paralyzed.
- Beauty Gonzalez as Liza Abadilla - The honest friend of Alyna. A tough Visayan who constantly argues with Patrick.
- Paul Jake Castillo as Patrick - Dominic and Rex's childhood friend. A veterinarian and a Mama's boy. He usually annoys Liza, but eventually fell in love with her.
- Charee Pineda as Jacqueline Cenarosa - The tomboyish sister of Lilet. She transformed herself from being a tomboy to a beautiful young lady after she met Yael. She usually finds comfort to Yael whenever she has a problem with her father.
- JM De Guzman as Yael - He came from a sorrowful past and took good care of his younger sister promising her to have a brighter future, but she died from epilepsy. He is also the man that Jerry finds comfort.
- Jose Sarasola as Andrew - He is the attorney of the Del Carmen's, who will do everything to protect the families wealth.
- Maria Isabel Lopez as Donya Fausta Del Carmen - Auntie of Rex and Dominic. Who re-claims her name as the Queen of Del Carmen's household even though she is adopted and not the real Del Carmen.
- Dionne Monsanto as Arianna - Patrick's previous girlfriend, who wants to ruined the relationships of Lisa and Patrick.
- Bing Davao as Paco Alvaro - who helped Alyna from a car accident and has a son, Victor. He also had a secret affair with Alyna's mother, now known as Mira Fuentes and the head manager of Dominic's new job.
- Edward Mendez as Victor Alvaro - new love interest of Alyna and has a daughter named Sophia from his previous relationship. He thought that Alyna is the one who broke their family apart, but his hatred slowly changed to deep affection for her.
- Andrea Brillantes as Sophia - Victor's daughter. She thinks that Alyna is her long lost mother because of the picture frame that she had.
- Gloria Sevilla - The loving mother of Patrick, who is a Visayan native as well.
- Nick Lizaso as Don Menandro Cenarosa
- Buddy Palad as Tonyo
- Idda Yaneza as Nana Marcing
- Mark Gil as Don Felipe Del Carmen
- Susan Africa as Donya Adela Dela Cruz-Del Carmen
- Mariel Pamintuan as Teen Alyna
- Kate Velarde as Young Alyna
- Gigi Locsin as Sister Fidela
- Carlos Morales as Digo
- Rachel Angkico as Rosa
- Isabelle Abiera as Christy
- Princess Manzon as Demi
- 'Alyna' Cast Overview
- Alyna: Feature Program retrieved via www.abs-cbn.com 10-16-2010