|Birth name||Alyssa Baillie Bonagura|
|Born||April 1, 1988|
|Years active||2006 – present|
Alyssa Bonagura (born April 1, 1988) is an American singer-songwriter.
Early life and career
Alyssa Bonagura is from Franklin, Tennessee. She is the daughter of singers Michael Bonagura and Kathie Baillie of Baillie & the Boys. She has been singing since the age of 2 and is a multi-instrumentalist. At the age of 11 she was asked by Kenny Rogers to sing a duet with him on his Christmas album Christmas From The Heart. She was awarded the Sennheiser Scholarship which allowed her to graduate from Liverpool Institute of Performing Arts with a degree in sound technology in 2009. She performed back up vocals in "That Old Glass Case" on her mother's 2006 album Love's Funny That Way. While studying in England from 2006 to 2009, she became a temporary member of Pete Wylie and The Mighty Wah! and played at such events as the 2007 Queens Variety Show in Liverpool, England at the Empire Theatre, and Knowsley Hall Music Festival alongside acts such as The Who, The Coral, and The Thrills. She performed at the 2008 European Capital of Culture event, Liverpool: the Musical - the event which inaugurated Liverpool's new Echo Arena with Ringo Starr.
In 2010, Bonagura signed with Rondor Music International (A division of Universal Music) as a songwriter and has successfully written songs for Raquel Castro's debut single "Diary". In 2011, Sarah Jarosz released a single that she co-wrote with Bonagura called "Run Away." She's also co-written the song "Keeping Secrets" with Tyler Ward on his 2012 album Hello. Love. Heartbreak. and "Like U" for Kaya Jones former member of The Pussycat Dolls on her Release album.
She has produced artists including Jo Dee Messina and Jessie James. Alyssa co-wrote, produced, and was featured on the song Unbreakable, the first song Messina has released since her split from a major label. Jessie James' version of Bonagura's song "Nothing More To Say" was featured on Perez Hilton's blog site in 2010.
- 2008 Before the Breaking (EP)
- 2010 The English Diaries
- 2012 Love Hard
- 2011 "Killing Me" (feat. Tyler Wilkinson)
- 2012 "I Make My Own Sunshine"
- 2012 "Nothing More to Say"
- Sean Spillane (April 6, 2007). "Baillie comes home". Connecticut Post.
- Lori Shaw-Cohen (January 12, 2003). "Direction gives wings to teens' goals". The Tennessean. p. W.7.
- Evans, Jim (December 9, 2008). "With a little help from Sennheiser". L&Si Online. Retrieved May 20, 2012.
- Gamboa, Glenn (February 2, 2012). "A super Sunday for Raquel Castro". Newsday. Retrieved May 20, 2012.
- "MESSINA MAKES MUSIC WITH TWITTER".
- "Listen To This: Christina Aguilera Should Have Recorded THIS!". Perezhilton.com. June 29, 2010.
- Music News Desk (22 October 2012). "Singer-Songwriter Alyssa Bonagura's Debut Album to Be Released, 10/30". Love Hard. TalkTunesworld online. Retrieved 16 November 2012. "The album includes the song "I Make My Own Sunshine," which received national attention when it was used in a Lowe's commercial earlier this year."