|Birth name||Alyth McCormack|
|Born||Isle of Lewis
|Years active||2001 – present|
Official Myspace site
||This article includes a list of references, but its sources remain unclear because it has insufficient inline citations. (September 2011)|
As a young child in the 1970s, Alyth was immersed in the culture of Hebridean Scotland. She went on to study classical singing and drama at the RSAMD in Glasgow. Since then, she has worked on a string of collaborations, with folk, jazz, classical and indie musicians.
During this time she recorded with various artists, appearing on over 16 albums between then and 2007, and in 2000 released her début solo album 'An Iomall' (Scottish Gaelic: The Edge) on Vertical records.
In 2004, she began touring with On Eagles' Wings, and toured again in 2007. Throughout 2007 and 2008, she performed worldwide with The Chieftains, appearing at venues such Boston Symphony Hall and Carnegie Hall. She toured with Moving Hearts during their UK Tour in 2008, and appeared at the Liverpool Philharmonic.
Alyth performed a concert for Sanctuary alongside Moya Brennan and Nóirín Ní Riain. She is a member of The Island Tapes, Shine and other bands. In 2009, Alyth released her second solo album, People Like Me, which featured members of the Scottish band Lau.
- 2002 – Sugarcane with Shine
- 2004 – The Captain’s Collection with The Captain’s Collection
- 2005 – On Eagles Wing
- 2006 – Tha a laithean a’ dol seachad with Various Artists & Paul Mounsey
- 2008 – The Island Tapes with The Island Tapes
- 2007 – Sun Honey with Vertical Records artists
- 2006 – Persian Nights/Celtic Dawn with Savourna Stevenson
- 2008 – Dhachaigh (Home), The Murdo MacFarlane Songbook with Various artists
- By LAUREN MORASKI, New Christmas albums for 2013, CBS News, November 15, 2013, Retrieved November 19, 2013
- Footstompin Music
- The Chieftains and friends return for the Celtic Connection 2009 tour
- Moving Hearts - Philharmonic Hall!
- Horo Gheallaidh - Alyth McCormack