Tesoriere in 1927 as he appeared
on the cover of El Gráfico
|Full name||Américo Miguel Tesoriere|
|Date of birth||March 18, 1899|
|Place of birth||Buenos Aires, Argentina|
|Date of death||December 30, 1977(aged 78)|
|1921||Sportivo del Norte||?||(?)|
|* Senior club appearances and goals counted for the domestic league only and correct as of 3 September 2007.
† Appearances (Goals).
Américo Miguel Tesoriere, better known as Américo (or Mérico) Tesorieri (born in Buenos Aires on March 18, 1899 - died December 30, 1977), was an Argentine football goalkeeper and one of the early figures in Boca Juniors history during the amateur era of Argentine football
His debut game with the first team was in 1916 when he was only 17, replacing goalkeeper Fabbiani, who was seriously injured. He played for Boca Juniors until his retirement in 1927, except for the 1921 season when he played for Sportivo del Norte. Tesoriere played a total of 184 games for Boca in all competitions. He won 14 titles with the club including 5 league titles.
Tesoriere returned to Boca in 1937 in an administrative role and stayed with the club as groundsman until 1953.
- Primera División (5): 1919, 1920, 1923, 1924, 1926
- Copa Competencia Jockey Club (3): 1919, 1923, 1924
- Copa Ibarguren (3): 1919, 1923, 1924
- Copa Estímulo (1): 1926
- Tie Cup (1): 1919
- Copa de Honor Cousenier (1): 1920
- Horacio D. Rosatti, Cien años de multitud: El período amateur (1905-1930) (Editorial Galerna, 2008; ISBN 9505565402), p. 118.